Cuts off at high rpm's

Arod5327

Established Member
Hey guys, sorry if I posted in the wrong forum, but I have a problem in my 03 cobra and I need your help, I have gotten the code po148 (fuel delivery error), but my check engine light is not NOT on! And At high rpm's around 5-5.5 my car just falls on its face at WOT, then about two seconds later, it picks back up. Its Mainly when in 3rd or 4th gear pulls. I've changed the alternator already so it's not that. Could it be the fuel filter, fuel pump, frps?? Any information would help guys! :shrug::shrug:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I would check the spark plugs too. Could be that they are gapped wrong or that they opened (or closed) up. Has happened to me in the past. I hope you're not running platinum plugs.

04DSGmonster

BAD ASS
Established Member
Do you have the pprv delete done? if so check your "in tank" lines. Mine would run strong to 5,200rpm's and then just hit a "wall" i took it to a shop and had same code they didn't know what it could be. I had done the pprv delete a month or so before so i dropped the tank and one of the lines had a hole in it so i replaced it and everything is good

Nolimit

Established Member
i had a some what similar issue once, greg at ret went through everything in the the car and we finally replaced the fuel pumps/fuel hat and solved the issue might wanna try that and see if it helps

03' White Snake

Established Member
I had the same problem. It was my pumps shutting down. I had the KB BAP hooked up after the FPDM and it was over loading the pumps. Hooked the BAP up before the FPDM and it fixed my problem. Has been fine for over 2 years now.

Arod5327

Established Member
Do you have the pprv delete done? if so check your "in tank" lines. Mine would run strong to 5,200rpm's and then just hit a "wall" i took it to a shop and had same code they didn't know what it could be. I had done the pprv delete a month or so before so i dropped the tank and one of the lines had a hole in it so i replaced it and everything is good
No I don't have the pprv delete done
I had the same problem. It was my pumps shutting down. I had the KB BAP hooked up after the FPDM and it was over loading the pumps. Hooked the BAP up before the FPDM and it fixed my problem. Has been fine for over 2 years now.

I don't have the kb bap

fast ford brian

Established Member
I had a bad pump do the same thing . It def sounds more like an in tank issue . I have even seen on occasion the fuel hose splitting in the tank and when you get on it it sprays into the tank instead of feeding the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread