Custom Twin Turbo 5.0 F150 Project

Troponin

Established Member
So I was thinking of pushing mine up to 500whp, but seeing as how he busted a rod, I am wondering if 500whp is safe for stock internals on the 2011+ 5.0 F150. Was that possibly just a fluke or is that pushing it?

mechanicboy

Established Member
The previous owner drove the truck hard and put a rod through after like 55k miles. I'm making more power on the stock block than this truck did, and ran faster (11.72 is my fastest) and haven't had a problem. I don't abuse my truck and I'm very particular about my oil too which I'm sure helps.

TVSF150FX4

Established Member
VMP's Dyno jet mid 11's on 93 before I put the traction bars on, lots of wheel hop. Could easily have done 10's after the bars were added and on E85.. King L26

Last edited:

BSB318

Established Member
VMP's Dyno jet mid 11's on 93 before I put the traction bars on, lots of wheel hop. Could easily have done 10's after the bars were added and on E85.. King L26

I am an official member the F150 truck club now.

I just brought her home 4 hours ago.

2014 F150 STX sport with 5.0 v8 limited slip 3.55 rear 201a package and spray in bedliner.

Troponin

Established Member
Manufacturers put superchargers and turbos on brand new cars and trucks all the time. As long as the tuning is somewhat conservative, you don't have anything to worry about. My truck has 800 miles on it. I am just going to be leaving it on the ROUSH tuning for a year, then will bump it up. ROUSH tuning is more than easy on the engine.

mechanicboy

Established Member

King, I got ya. You need to hit the track again, my cal-tracs stopped the wheel hop but didn't help my 60', I just spin now.

BSB318

Established Member
Manufacturers put superchargers and turbos on brand new cars and trucks all the time. As long as the tuning is somewhat conservative, you don't have anything to worry about. My truck has 800 miles on it. I am just going to be leaving it on the ROUSH tuning for a year, then will bump it up. ROUSH tuning is more than easy on the engine.

You ever chassis dyno you truck or take it down the track yet ?

I may do a Roush TVS set up down the road. I liked my Roush TVS I had in my 2013 Mustang GT that I traded to get my new F150.

TVSF150FX4

Established Member
King, I got ya. You need to hit the track again, my cal-tracs stopped the wheel hop but didn't help my 60', I just spin now.
I ordered my 2015 and pulled my motor had L&M upgrade everything, it's on the engine stand now waiting on the delivery, so no track for me till May/June.....

How's urs been, u've been quite about as long as me lately

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered my 2015 and pulled my motor had L&M upgrade everything, it's on the engine stand now waiting on the delivery, so no track for me till May/June.....

mechanicboy

Established Member

It been fine, I just don't drive it anymore because of work. Only driven it about 6 times this year, so I'm kinda of trying to sell it but not trying very hard. I've been thinking if I keep it I might spray a tiny shot on top to see what it will do.

mechanicboy

Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread