Custom single turbo kit #s (Presicion Billet BB 76mm)

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Not really. Not too many ways and experienced welder can **** that up.
If you have never put even a stock rear in a jig to see how off they can be than I can understand your ignorance. I never realized it til I bent my first housing, and got another one from a stock Mach 1 and it had to be massaged to even go n the jig. After doing a bunch of them on other cars after that, most are off even without being abused.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Well I had my car out for a few runs at the local flashlight drags. They used the main strait away at the beaver run motor complex and I had a blast. I mounted up my CCW drag pack with the 28 inch Hoosiers in the rear and I am glad I did. This car scared the crap out of me on the first pass. I always said I would take it easy at first but my brain said let’s see what this b!tch has. LOL Take into consideration that it’s not a sticky track. I pulled up next to a stock 03-04 Cobra with a pulley. He was a nice guy and had no idea what was about to happen. I did a big burnout to get all the new tire surface prepped and pulled up to the line. I hit the trans brake and held at 3k for a bit to build boost. Then the flash light lit up and it was game on. It spun out of the hole and I peddled it a bit causing me to bleed boost so I went back to full throttle. When the boost hit again it blew the tires off at speed. Yes I won that pass but my god does this thing spool up hard. I made 8 passes or so that day and played with the suspension to get it to hook better. I ended up taking a bad hop on the shutdown and my anti roll bar didn’t like that so my day was cut short.

I am very happy with the car. I ran down a 10 second EVO while peddling for traction and may have got him before the line. It was so close no one could tell me who won but I got a thumbs up from the EVO driver and gave him one also. The main point is that I had a blast and the car worked great. I can't wait to get it to a real drag strip and see what it does with traction and full throttle.

BTW They called me back out to run the evo for the end of the show but since my anti roll bar was messed up I decided to play it safe and not run. :nonono:

mfj

Faster than you
Established Member
Get that thing on a prepped track, and hold the **** on when you leave on that trans brake! lol

ruthless

Established Member
They were just fun runs against other cars. Even if they had times they would not have been great because it was on the front stretch of a circuit track.

The local group here has a track rental at PRP Thursday and I want to go but after having the issue with the anti roll bar, I need to get time to make sure nothing is bent or messed up before relay hammering on it.

Last edited:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
I was in a buddies Whipple SRA Cobra and when he pulled in my driveway we heard a solid BAM. Turns out he broke the welds on the drivers side of the anti roll bar.

Good luck on getting yours all straightened out, sometimes its all the odds and ends / adjustments that take forever on the builds.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
bc the rearend is directly linked to the chassis. it cant move when you make turns on un even surfaces or when the body rolls at all, ud be picking up the inside wheel. so u just drove everywhere with your ARB connected to your rear end and had no problems?

Last edited:

ruthless

Established Member
Ryan what happened to your anti roll bar? What brand?

My rear suspension went to max travle on a bump since the race was not on a flat 1/4 track. This caused the endlinks to piviot forward when they are made to go back. This caused the bolts to hit the baseline upper control arm brace. It doesn't look like anything bent but I have no idea what the heck happend because the suspension wasnt using the shocks at all. On a good note it was both sides that flipped foward so this may have minimized any damage.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
bc the rearend is directly linked to the chassis. it cant move when you make turns on un even surfaces or when the body rolls at all, ud be picking up the inside wheel. so u just drove everywhere with your ARB connected to your rear end and had no problems?

this. you can cause serious damage with it connected! The purpose of the ARB is to stop body roll at the track. You obviously need body roll on the street for bumps and potholes and such.

ruthless

Established Member
I had the car at PRP for a track rental but rain got in the way. Lucky for the group it cleared up and they still had the normal test and tune.

Keep in mind that these are shake down runs and I was driving like grandma off the line. I just wanted to get a feel for the car at speed and get use to everything since this is the first time I have been to a track.

I wasnt worried about green and had my eye on the boost gauge and noticed that I need to use a few trick to get that boost up quicker.

Wish they would have got the time on the vid but you can hear my buddy yelling it. LOL This is my third pass with the car. :rockon:
[youtube_browser]2cHVus35vxI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube_browser]

UPDATE: A buddy got the same run on his camera with the time. :banana:
[youtube_browser]YtReGT_sXuQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube_browser]

BTW I drove over an hour down and back and did nothing more than drop the air in the rear tires and adjust rear shocks and front struts. :beer:

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Nice first runs! How were you doing the burnout? How much psi were you running and would you post the slips?

ruthless

Established Member
I was running my 17psi street tune. For the burnout I pulled up and turned the line lock on then started in first and ran it to high gear as quickly as possible. I held it there until I got a little bit of smoke. The time slips are other crazy. Had a 1.8x 60 foot that pass. Lol

ruthless

Established Member
for a soft launch that's scootin for 17psi!

The boost is set for 16psi but may have been hitting 17psi by the end of the run with the cool air. My warning on the boost gauge didnt go off so I know it wasnt over 17psi.

I plan on making a boost controller change. I need a two stage I can wire into the transbrake and 2step. That way I can set it up to launch on a low boost and as soon as I let go of the transbrake button it ramps up to 16psi.

Users who are viewing this thread