Custom L&M Intake Cam change results:

ford ave

Established Member
As some may have been following, I've been working with Michael at L&M Engines on an intake cam profile to gain power at RPM without sacrificing any low/midrange power. Together we've come up with a unique camshaft that gains power with no compromises. No loss of power at any RPM, no valve float at high RPM with stock valve springs, no loss of drivability, easy to tune, and FULL VCT movement allowed.

This cam is just a few degrees larger in duration with the same 11MM lift as a stock GT cam.

The kicker here is we did not test this cam against a stock GT camshaft, we tested it against a BOSS 13MM camshaft. Yes, we GAINED power with 2MM LESS lift simply by adjusting the valve events to a more ideal location while still allowing FULL VCT movement without using an aggressive lobe profile. (IE no valve float or issues with boost)

AED is fully supporting tuning of this intake cam in all NA and Boosted applications, however if you want to use your current tuner that should not be a problem. This cam drives/idles like stock and tuning was extremely straight forward, nothing like dialing in Comp Stage 3's. Just a few TiVCT changes are needed to extract maximum power.

For reference this car has an Aluminator XS engine with full exhaust and a Tremec Manual trans.

Below are the dyno graphs. I've posted 2 as we had a torque spike show up in the Graph VS RPM (happens sometimes due to dyno software) that does not show up on the Graph VS Speed.
Pre-cam dyno pulls were done the day of the cam swap. We strapped the car down, warmed it up and made a few pulls. The highest power graph is posted for comparison against the L&M Intake cam graph.

View attachment 687951
View attachment 687952

Anybody looking to order these cams please contact L&M. Currently they are special order items and take a few weeks to be ground/shipped.
Shaun how are you
I purchased a set of these cams whitch I installed on a fully built motor and swapped it into a 05 mustang and also did all the wiring
Similar. I do not believe the Boss cams are worth more than 5HP compared to GT cams.
Shaun how are you
I Purchased a set of these cams and installed them on a fully built engine with a Helion twin Turbo kit in A 05 Mustang I did all the wiring myself and the car is running on a ford control pack file I was hoping you would be able to tune the car for Me Let me know if not can you recommend someone to do it I am in Florida thank you

DarkMach1

Established Member
I think I want to try these on a centri 2015 when I do my OPGs. Want to get a before/after dyno too. Only question for Shaun is, is installation straight up as if installing a stock cam or is it like the older 4Vs that you could degree them for best performance. thank you.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Shaun how are you
I purchased a set of these cams whitch I installed on a fully built motor and swapped it into a 05 mustang and also did all the wiring

Shaun how are you
I Purchased a set of these cams and installed them on a fully built engine with a Helion twin Turbo kit in A 05 Mustang I did all the wiring myself and the car is running on a ford control pack file I was hoping you would be able to tune the car for Me Let me know if not can you recommend someone to do it I am in Florida thank you
If you have not done so i would recommend calling him or emailing him if you have not got an answer from here.

Users who are viewing this thread