Custom door panels

scotp71

Established Member
Since I started doing some interior upgrades, I decided to re-cover my door panels. Like most of you, the factory door panel inserts had given up and started to peel off so at first I just tried to glue them back on. I was never happy with the way it turned out and since I've added a lot of Alcantara pieces (seats, steering wheel, shift boot and ebrake boot) to the interior already, I decided to see if I could find a similar covering to re-upholster the door panel inserts. Overall I think it turned out pretty good. The material isn't a perfect match by any means, but then again the seats don't exactly match the steering wheel, either, so I didn't worry too much about that. At any rate, I think it looks much better than the cheep material from the factory that was falling off the doors.

49713311367_9295391a51_c.jpg

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iJY4U5]49712989816_b2a6f90922_c.jpg

49713009836_40212b3688_c.jpg
[/url]

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Looks great. What kinda material is it? I wanted to do my whole interior in Alcantera.

scotp71

Established Member
Looks great. What kinda material is it? I wanted to do my whole interior in Alcantera.
Thank you! It was my first time doing something like that and although it didn't turn out perfect, I'm pretty proud of how well it turned out. It's an artificial suede, but not Alcantara. I didn't want to pay that kind of money. I found it at Joanna fabrics and it wasn't expensive at all. As a matter of fact, I got a few yards of it so I could cover the board I used to mount my amp in the trunk.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Joanne fabrics huh? Never even thought of that. I mount my amp to the rear fold down and yea would look nice in some sort of Alcantera or similar material but I have rear seat delete now so ud never see it lol.

What are u running for a sound system? Im quite the audifile myself and dont give two shits how much extra weight it yields lol gotta have my tunes! My sub is a stealth box so its removable. Its ok but I REALLY wanted a W7 but I have no room for it. Fuel cell, and 5 gallon Meth tank leaves me no room. Kenwood head unit to work with Sync. Its ok nothing special by any means.

I have some Hertz coaxils in the front in rear with a Macintosh 6 channel amp. I really wanna go to the new JL stuff the C7 3-way with the 6 channel amp with built in DSP but thats another $3k smh.

Thank you! It was my first time doing something like that and although it didn't turn out perfect, I'm pretty proud of how well it turned out. It's an artificial suede, but not Alcantara. I didn't want to pay that kind of money. I found it at Joanna fabrics and it wasn't expensive at all. As a matter of fact, I got a few yards of it so I could cover the board I used to mount my amp in the trunk.

scotp71

Established Member
Joanne fabrics huh? Never even thought of that. I mount my amp to the rear fold down and yea would look nice in some sort of Alcantera or similar material but I have rear seat delete now so ud never see it lol.

What are u running for a sound system? Im quite the audifile myself and dont give two shits how much extra weight it yields lol gotta have my tunes! My sub is a stealth box so its removable. Its ok but I REALLY wanted a W7 but I have no room for it. Fuel cell, and 5 gallon Meth tank leaves me no room. Kenwood head unit to work with Sync. Its ok nothing special by any means.

I have some Hertz coaxils in the front in rear with a Macintosh 6 channel amp. I really wanna go to the new JL stuff the C7 3-way with the 6 channel amp with built in DSP but thats another $3k smh.

I don't have anything too elaborate. Just an infinity 10" sub with a small amp. Just enough to round out the bottom end. All the rest of my speakers are the factory units and the head unit is factory. I'd love to upgrade the rest, but $$$.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea shit is expensive I agree. Its only money u can always make more.....:p

cholmes1

400 lb Gorilla
Established Member
I will be doing a similar door panel fix this summer. Any chance you took photos or could explain in a bit more detail what steps you took for the removal, new covering, and mounting

Users who are viewing this thread