Custom cams from Livernois - For Turbo

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I'm in the process of ordering some Stage 3 ported heads from Livernois, and I'm just wondering if Livernois would be good choice to spec me some custom cams as well?

I'm looking for 1000+rwhp with my new setup and I just want to know I'll be getting the best custom cams money can buy.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Ohhhh and since I'm here:

Can you guys link me to all the tools that are necessary to time a 4.6 DOHC engine and degree the cams? I will be putting my engine together myself and I pretty much know what I'll be needing, but if there are any nice tool kits out there I'd like to see them. I'll be putting together my engine in August so I need to get everything together for then.

I just bought the DVD from Sean Hyland that covers everything there is to know about 4.6 engine builds and even covers degreeing the cams, coupled with my service manual I think I'll make out alright as long as I have the tools.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I'm in the process of ordering some Stage 3 ported heads from Livernois, and I'm just wondering if Livernois would be good choice to spec me some custom cams as well?

I'm looking for 1000+rwhp with my new setup and I just want to know I'll be getting the best custom cams money can buy.

I know that they have a Fox 'stang that runs mid 8's @ 165mph with '03 Cobra engine. Those cams sure do work! I'm not sure what the specs are, but my point is that they've done some turbo mod motor cars that are pretty damned nasty. I'll see Dan Millen (of Livernois) today. I'll ask him a few questions for you if you'd like.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Livernois is one of the only places I would trust in getting a set of cams spec'd from. Top notch place, knowledgeable staff.. a Little pricey, but trustworthy.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Ohhhh and since I'm here:

Can you guys link me to all the tools that are necessary to time a 4.6 DOHC engine and degree the cams? I will be putting my engine together myself and I pretty much know what I'll be needing, but if there are any nice tool kits out there I'd like to see them. I'll be putting together my engine in August so I need to get everything together for then.

I just bought the DVD from Sean Hyland that covers everything there is to know about 4.6 engine builds and even covers degreeing the cams, coupled with my service manual I think I'll make out alright as long as I have the tools.

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/Instructions/caminstall4v02.pdf :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread