Custom Cam Install this Fall (Pics, Vids, Dyno, Todd Warren)

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Its a Whipple crusher intake, Malcolmv8 sells them on his website mdracingkc.com, its the only place I've seen the crusher intake sold separately.

Just a heads up I'm heading out of town tomorrow on vacation. All orders of anything will be processed in about 8 ~ 9 days when I return. Thanks.

Intervention302

Established Member
Just a heads up I'm heading out of town tomorrow on vacation. All orders of anything will be processed in about 8 ~ 9 days when I return. Thanks.
This will work with my upcoming TVS and GT500 TB?

I originally planned a JLT RAI and I bought a BA3000 as requested by tuner

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

MalcolmV8

Established Member
This will work with my upcoming TVS and GT500 TB?

I originally planned a JLT RAI and I bought a BA3000 as requested by tuner

Why bother with the GT500 TB and blower inlet only to use a reducer coupler and neck it down to a snorkel of a JLT intake? Just save the cash and use a small TB that matches the JLT.

It should work on the new 2.65 blowers. The blower inlets are identical and interchangeable so in theory it's 100% swap over from the 2.3 but until we have them in our hands for some first hand experience that's all we can say.

Intervention302

Established Member
Why bother with the GT500 TB and blower inlet only to use a reducer coupler and neck it down to a snorkel of a JLT intake? Just save the cash and use a small TB that matches the JLT.

It should work on the new 2.65 blowers. The blower inlets are identical and interchangeable so in theory it's 100% swap over from the 2.3 but until we have them in our hands for some first hand experience that's all we can say.
I already placed the order with the GT500 TB and actually sold my Accufab mono.

So I'm kinda committed, although I definitely see your point

Soap

Established Member
Side by side comparison...Whipple setup on left with 123mm MAF and JLT RAI on right with VMP 100mm MAF.

IMG_20180606_214157.jpg

--Joe

Last edited:

Intervention302

Established Member
What style MAF is that?

I called my tuner he recommended to me to go with a BA3500 style MAF. He's had good success with it

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
In slightly confused...

Does the kit include a maf for the $370?

I'm guessing no

It's just the tube like you get with the VMP slot style kit in that pic. I'm guessing since its 123mm a stock GT500 MAF will have a pretty good range.

Thinking about picking one up. Not sure if my VMP MAF will be overkill in that size tube and cause issues though. Plus retuning.

Intervention302

Established Member
It's just the tube like you get with the VMP slot style kit in that pic. I'm guessing since its 123mm a stock GT500 MAF will have a pretty good range.

Thinking about picking one up. Not sure if my VMP MAF will be overkill in that size tube and cause issues though. Plus retuning.
My tuner specifically requested the VMP BA3500 for my setup. So I'm just seeing if I can make that happen for him

I'll be TVS 2650, GT500 TB, with a 3.3" for pump and a 2.6" for 25psi and corn

cj428mach

Established Member
You get the MAF housing but you must add the sensor. A BA3500 would probably be a little to much for a 5" tube. I'm running a GT500 MAF sensor in the crusher tube...the nice part is I got a new one in box off ebay for $29 shipped.

Comp04svt

Established Member
I have the GT500 setup, and I wonder if this crusher intake would be a worth while upgrade over the JLT high boost I have currently? Any thoughts?

Intervention302

Established Member
Malcolm is still on Vacation, or just getting back.

I'm sure he will answer our questions soon

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Hey Guys, yes that's the crusher inlet kit I have. You add your own MAF. An 07-10 GT500 slot sensor works very well and supports over 800 whp in that housing.

Intervention302

Established Member
No issues with running a BA3500 in the housing?

I assume my tuner will like the GT500 MAF, but he specifically said he likes the BA3500. Said he worked with Justin on it and has it just right

Users who are viewing this thread