Current S197 Users of the OBD2 "Torque App" or Similar Apps?

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Hello,

I'm looking for some feedback from people currently using the Torque app, or any similar Bluetooth OBD2 engine monitoring apps on S197s. I have a 2010 GT500, Samsung S8 Galaxy, and I would like to monitor some PIDs, and engine parameters such as battery voltage, coolant temperature, air Inlet temperature, RPMs, Etc.

I have heard a lot of negative current reviews about the Torque app. My brother has used this in the past with no issues, but that was a while ago. That was also set up on an older Android (S4) phone. Are there any other apps that could be recommended?

If you use such an app, can you tell me your setup including OBD2 adapter and what phone you have?

Some features I would like the app to have would be:

Nice customizable tachometer option with shift light, and the ability to datalog PIDs and parameters.

Thanks!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I had it when I had my old driod and it was pretty unreliable, but that was a long time ago.

I think regardless of what you use, it's going to be lagging behind for real time stuff, it will probably be fine if you need to log some different perimeters and look back at them.

I have an edge CTS3 on my Duramax and I like the idea of a dedicated screen (even though the execution is lackluster), but I have no idea what is out there for non-diesel stuff. A quick search shows a lot of bunk chinese crap from amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread