Current New Vehicle Market

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Supply and demand, the market is getting flooded with new EV models. The supply is catching up with the natural demand. What happens if that point is way lower than the Greens anticipated?

Nearly a third of used Teslas for sale in August were 2022 models up for resale, a sign that original buyers were aiming to flip, analysts said. That compares with about 5% of other brands on the used market, research firm Edmunds said.

Hot Potato!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Dealer down the road from me, had 12....for 180+ days. Still has 7. The other 5 lost between $10k and 13,500 each. Lol

Talk about having a lesson administered with a sledgehammer! Stuff like that gets GM's fired. Gonna be a lot of seriously upside-down Tesla owners.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Talk about having a lesson administered with a sledgehammer! Stuff like that gets GM's fired. Gonna be a lot of seriously upside-down Tesla owners.
and now add to it the fact they hate the CEO of the company with as much passion as it required to purchase the car.

truly a blessing to witness

sleek98

Established Member
Hopefully that future SIL can figure out how to get that minivan back.

I don't get people who put their head in the sand and hope things don't come back to bite them.
Especially these days with car prices but I guess some are just willfully ignorant.

Plot twist, sounds like he agreed to it. Guess they picked up the kia this morning. His daughter is claiming they dropped the payment to 200, which there is no way. He even thinks they are lying and agreed to the 29% interest.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Plot twist, sounds like he agreed to it. Guess they picked up the kia this morning. His daughter is claiming they dropped the payment to 200, which there is no way. He even thinks they are lying and agreed to the 29% interest.

Yea there's some lying going on there.
Guess the SIL cracked and had to have it.
Maybe the dealer dropped the interest rate but not that much.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
  • Tesla is offering a rare $3,750 discount on Model 3 and Model Y vehicles until 2023.

7500 now with 10000 miles free at a super charger. Anyone want a white model y long range? I have one on order I was going to flip a few months after driving it but don’t want to even pick it up

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
7500 now with 10000 miles free at a super charger. Anyone want a white model y long range? I have one on order I was going to flip a few months after driving it but don’t want to even pick it up

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Would the rebate and miles apply to your Y? My wife would drive one if price was right.
-J

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Bingo.

Idiot above just told us all we need to know about their character as a human being.

Amazing, really.

PM'ing all of you my PO Box so you can forward your stimulus checks to me. Or did you not take them? Surely you didn't accept a free hand out. Insert dignity, honor, military quotes, "I am the wolf" memes, etc etc etc

Never mind the fact that 10k in student loans pales in comparison to what I pay in taxes a year. Give me a break. If taxation is theft, then the student loan forgiveness is me getting back what they stole from me.

C2tuck

Established Member
PM'ing all of you my PO Box so you can forward your stimulus checks to me. Or did you not take them? Surely you didn't accept a free hand out. Insert dignity, honor, military quotes, "I am the wolf" memes, etc etc etc

Never mind the fact that 10k in student loans pales in comparison to what I pay in taxes a year. Give me a break. If taxation is theft, then the student loan forgiveness is me getting back what they stole from me.

Had the stimulus checks been optional I would have refused as would many that I know. I didn’t want it and didn’t need it.

If you’re dumb enough to sign on the dotted line for a loan, you should have to pay it back on your own. Last I checked it was a law that they must disclose the interest rate before you agree. You and everyone else knew exactly what they were getting into.

Just like GM should have been shut down instead of bailed out. **** em. If a multi-billion dollar company can’t manage its books, it ain’t mine or the governments problem to fix.

If anyone deserves a hand out, it’s all the mom and pop stores that got forced to close their doors over Covid…not someone who willingly borrowed $100k for their art degree.

Zemedici

Established Member
Had the stimulus checks been optional I would have refused as would many that I know. I didn’t want it and didn’t need it.

If you’re dumb enough to sign on the dotted line for a loan, you should have to pay it back on your own. Last I checked it was a law that they must disclose the interest rate before you agree. You and everyone else knew exactly what they were getting into.

Just like GM should have been shut down instead of bailed out. **** em. If a multi-billion dollar company can’t manage its books, it ain’t mine or the governments problem to fix.

If anyone deserves a hand out, it’s all the mom and pop stores that got forced to close their doors over Covid…not someone who willingly borrowed $100k for their art degree.

Preach brother

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Buyer's remorse is happening.

It was a fad to want a Tesla since "everyone" was buying them. But once they actually owned one, they saw the grass wasnt greener after all, just an oversized overpriced power wheels lol

I think that's across the board too.

The rush to get a new car was "fun" for a few years. Low interest rates and need to have now with extra cash in your account. Now, you got some with huge negative values as trade ins have fallen off a cliff(back to pre-coivd) and some are stuck with MSRP loans. Add in the savings have dried up due to inflation it's not going to be a fun ride.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I think that's across the board too.

The rush to get a new car was "fun" for a few years. Low interest rates and need to have now with extra cash in your account. Now, you got some with huge negative values as trade ins have fallen off a cliff(back to pre-coivd) and some are stuck with MSRP loans. Add in the savings have dried up due to inflation it's not going to be a fun ride.
You left out the big one... student loan payments are still on pause.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

Sure. I agree. Pay your loans you agreed too.

I just want to do it with the taxes I paid.

If tomorrow they said here's all the money you paid back in taxes over the course of your life so far, I would turn around and pay the loan off. And since "taxation is theft", the SL forgiveness and stimulus is just a way for me to get some of that money back I've paid all these years in lieu of the bulk amount.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sure. I agree. Pay your loans you agreed too.

I just want to do it with the taxes I paid.

If tomorrow they said here's all the money you paid back in taxes over the course of your life so far, I would turn around and pay the loan off. And since "taxation is theft", the SL forgiveness and stimulus is just a way for me to get some of that money back I've paid all these years in lieu of the bulk amount.

I hear what you're saying...But...

Luckily football paid for my college tuition. How come you get some of your tax money back, and I can't?

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I hear what you're saying...But...

Luckily football paid for my college tuition. How come you get some of your tax money back, and I can't?

I'm all for you getting yours back too. There's no whataboutmeism in this. Whether yours is a tax credit, write off, whatever you paid into the system, you have a way to get something back.

Too many people assume folks with student loans are benevolently calculating how we can hoard the SL forgiveness and exclude as many folks as possible. For me and mine, not the case. I have always thought there should be a 10k dollar tax credit for anyone who paid off formerly qualifying loans.

Users who are viewing this thread