Current New Vehicle Market

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You would think the GM would take advantage and ride that line of being just aggressive enough on pricing to turn and burn that inventory. But, maybe the profit numbers are telling him no.

If I had inventory, I'd be selling at a lower price to churn and burn it all. Hope for trades.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
The big dodge dealerships in norcal have trucks on there lots for sure. In fact inventory is much higher than any other brand in norcal.
My local Dodge/Jeep dealer has had more on the lot this whole time. Are they somehow able to get more inventory or are they just not selling anything. I don't know.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Ford Motor U.S. sales down 10.5% in April, EV sales up 139%​

May 04, 2022 9:25 AM ETFord Motor Company (F)By: Niloofer Shaikh, SA News Editor33 Comments

Logo of Ford at a car dealership

gopixa/iStock Editorial via Getty Images

• Ford Motor (NYSE:F) reports U.S. sales declined 10.5% to 176,965 vehicles in April.
  • Truck sales down 17.8% Y/Y to 79,768 units, Cars sales down 57.7% Y/Y to 4,388 units, Electrified vehicles sales +50.2% Y/Y to 16,779 units and SUVs +2.7% Y/Y to 92,809 units.
  • Total retail sales -12.3%: Truck -16.3%, Electrified vehicles +55.1% and SUV -2.5%.
  • Sales of Ford electric vehicles increased 139% Y/Y on the strength of Mustang Mach-E and E-Transit sales, while the first shipments of all models of the all-new F-150 Lightning are underway.
  • E-Transit sales increased 62.3% over March, while Mustang Mach-E had its best monthly sales performance since it was launched, with sales up 95% over last year.
  • “While industry semiconductor chip shortages persist, improved inventory flow in April delivered a significant share gain of 1.0 percentage point over a year ago with Ford outperforming the industry. Inventory flow bolstered stronger F-Series, Mustang Mach-E, E-Transit and record April Ford brand SUV sales. We are now shipping all models of the electric F-150 Lightning.” – Andrew Frick, vice president, Sales, Distribution & Trucks

bglf83

Established Member

May 04, 2022 9:25 AM ETFord Motor Company (F)By: Niloofer Shaikh, SA News Editor33 Comments

• Ford Motor (NYSE:F) reports U.S. sales declined 10.5% to 176,965 vehicles in April.
  • Truck sales down 17.8% Y/Y to 79,768 units, Cars sales down 57.7% Y/Y to 4,388 units, Electrified vehicles sales +50.2% Y/Y to 16,779 units and SUVs +2.7% Y/Y to 92,809 units.
  • Total retail sales -12.3%: Truck -16.3%, Electrified vehicles +55.1% and SUV -2.5%.
  • Sales of Ford electric vehicles increased 139% Y/Y on the strength of Mustang Mach-E and E-Transit sales, while the first shipments of all models of the all-new F-150 Lightning are underway.
  • E-Transit sales increased 62.3% over March, while Mustang Mach-E had its best monthly sales performance since it was launched, with sales up 95% over last year.
  • “While industry semiconductor chip shortages persist, improved inventory flow in April delivered a significant share gain of 1.0 percentage point over a year ago with Ford outperforming the industry. Inventory flow bolstered stronger F-Series, Mustang Mach-E, E-Transit and record April Ford brand SUV sales. We are now shipping all models of the electric F-150 Lightning.” – Andrew Frick, vice president, Sales, Distribution & Trucks

Notice how the electrics are just percentages? They do not want to list that they sold 500 of them, that would look like crap.

C2tuck

Established Member
I am absolutely not paying above MSRP for a vehicle. The market can suck my dick.

Running into this on a new F-250 search. I quickly decided that I will just order a 2023 once the order que opens up.

2022 king ranch on the lot had 5k miles and they wanted $100k…I just laughed and walked off.

Only reason I need one is for tax write offs, otherwise I’d keep my 15.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

Weeeeeeeee

13bceac0c3656be5253e00e65a0ffb21.jpg

C2tuck

Established Member
Yep, brief search of broncos and I’ve not found one below 10k markup. Do you by chance know what the wait is on ordering one? Guessing it varies, but figure if anyone knew, you would

Stopped by my dealer the other day to inquire about when mine will be in, should be within another 4-6 weeks.

Probably keep it and sell my Tacoma outright.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Shock: A used GMC Hummer EV just sold for $260,420​

All-electric pickup is in high demand​

By Gary Gastelu | Fox News

The new GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 pickup has a list price of $112,495, but its market value is much higher than that.

The GMC Hummer EV has removable roof panels. (GMC)
Following the sale of one of the all-electric pickups with 800 miles on the odometer in early April for $275,000 a second has been auctioned for nearly as much.

The GMC Hummer EV is a fully capable off-road vehicle.

The 85-mile example went for $260,420 on the Cars & Bids website last week, supporting the going rate for the limited edition model.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member

Shock: A used GMC Hummer EV just sold for $260,420​

All-electric pickup is in high demand​

By Gary Gastelu | Fox News

The new GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 pickup has a list price of $112,495, but its market value is much higher than that.

The GMC Hummer EV has removable roof panels. (GMC)
Following the sale of one of the all-electric pickups with 800 miles on the odometer in early April for $275,000 a second has been auctioned for nearly as much.

Can't fix stupid.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I have no idea how credible the source is, but interesting either way

bbbf991743b374ffbc10c274c4dee8e4.jpg

1f75b3253d64398a4a9289d2ac58ffea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I mean, it has to go down at some point. It got up to an average of 33% YOY... it's still at 14% YOY through the end of April.

1651855433412.png

Zemedici

Established Member
^^my man always coming in with the correct info

My new gig, i'm a vehicle buyer for a large automotive wholesaler, and numbers are down comparing April to say last November / Dec

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I mean, it has to go down at some point. It got up to an average of 33% YOY... it's still at 14% YOY through the end of April.

View attachment 1747752
Pretty interesting how vans are are sky high right now. Business reasons?

Im sure it will go slightly up again sometime in July/August. People will see them "cheaper" and will jump on the "low prices"

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pretty interesting how vans are are sky high right now. Business reasons?

Im sure it will go slightly up again sometime in July/August. People will see them "cheaper" and will jump on the "low prices"

Amazon is DYING to have vans. They got the OK to buy pre-owned vans, which drives prices up. It's incredible right now. You can't buy a 2-3 year old Transit with <50k miles on it for MSRP right now.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Running into this on a new F-250 search. I quickly decided that I will just order a 2023 once the order que opens up.

2022 king ranch on the lot had 5k miles and they wanted $100k…I just laughed and walked off.

Only reason I need one is for tax write offs, otherwise I’d keep my 15.
A friend of mine has been wanting to upgrade from his Ranger for a few months, but can't find anything reasonable. So now he's planning on ordering when they open up. He said he'll be waiting a year because he wants a dually now.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I can see the sales ads now… “Don’t wait 6-8 weeks for a new Truck! Come to Bob’s Dodge factory outlet in nutsack Oklahoma today and pick from our massive inventory!”

It's inevitable.

As soon as manufacturers have the ability to overstock a dealer's lot (currently they cannot even if they wanted to), there will be dealers who welcome the old way.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
It's inevitable.

As soon as manufacturers have the ability to overstock a dealer's lot (currently they cannot even if they wanted to), there will be dealers who welcome the old way.

Especially now with rates going up people aren’t going to be able to afford new stuff and dealers are going to be able to offer 0% financing without manufacture back up

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Especially now with rates going up people aren’t going to be able to afford new stuff and dealers are going to be able to offer 0% financing without manufacture back up

Yep.

This below is happening right now. When is the last time you saw this? It's been at least a year in my region.. maybe longer.

q6543

Established Member
How can dealers go 0% when a 3% plus 10yr is in play?

If mortgages are already 5-6%, autos have to go there, don't they?

Users who are viewing this thread