Current New Vehicle Market

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
This is called price gouging. Once upon a time in the great land of the United States this was against the law. Today price gouging is considered a savy business practice - unless it effects the wealthy- then it is still a crime.

Parkway Chevrolet Internet Price = 10-15k over MRSP! = price gouging.

Do you know what the S in MSRP stands for? Dealerships are not obligated to sell a vehicle at MSRP.

Welcome to capitalism, pal.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
The lots are empty everywhere, what game are they playing? The we don't want to sell trucks to people who want to buy game?
tHe LoTs aRe EmPtY!

1651070909559.jpeg

1651070925454.jpeg

1651070938794.jpeg

1651070951300.jpeg

1651070977385.jpeg

Dusten

Established Member
This is called price gouging. Once upon a time in the great land of the United States this was against the law. Today price gouging is considered a savy business practice - unless it effects the wealthy- then it is still a crime.

Parkway Chevrolet Internet Price = 10-15k over MRSP! = price gouging.

1) price gouging requires the price to be unfair and unreasonable. If people are buying a new car, which is not a necessity, at a price above the MSRP, then it's not unreasonable. Because that person finds is reasonable.

2) almost every state that has a gouging law specifically references disasters, and times of strife. They usually reference items of necessity. Which a brand new car is not.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
1) price gouging requires the price to be unfair and unreasonable.

2) almost every state that has a gouging law specifically references disasters, and times of strife.
1) 20%-30% more than MRSP is not unreasonable? Seriously bro?

2) uh, I just lived through the biggest disaster the world has seen in my lifetime. Does this not fit your definition?

Also cars not being important -LOL- ok. The only reason this gouging is happening is because of dumbass reasoning like this and people too stupid falling for this garbage.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I don't know about the Laura dealer but I do know Ciocca Ford, which is a small local dealer offered $5k off real msrp. And in my market, the NE inventories are growing. Here's a few examples of what they have on the lot. Bean's is a fairly large dealer but the other two are small dealers.
Ciocca.png

Flemington.png

Beans.png

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Or are sold fleet.

The Chevy dealer I worked at has a bunch of work trucks on the back storage lot. The number on the front sales lot has been increasing, so Chevy may have made a deal with some dealers to insert parts on deficient trucks.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I don't know about the Laura dealer but I do know Ciocca Ford, which is a small local dealer offered $5k off real msrp. And in my market, the NE inventories are growing. Here's a few examples of what they have on the lot. Bean's is a fairly large dealer but the other two are small dealers.
View attachment 1746893
View attachment 1746894
View attachment 1746895

You have to be careful with online inventory, dealers have been putting inbound inventory on their websites. If it's a canned pic, probably not on lot.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Still waiting to see one on the road. Kim Kardashian doesn’t make it down to these parts very often.
Passed one of the new GTs in the gulf scheme several months ago, he was heading towards Charlotte Motor speedway probably a NASCAR driver. First and only one I've seen in person

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
You have to be careful with online inventory, dealers have been putting inbound inventory on their websites. If it's a canned pic, probably not on lot.
If you go on their websites it'll tell you whether it is sold, inbound, or in stock.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Passed one of the new GTs in the gulf scheme several months ago, he was heading towards Charlotte Motor speedway probably a NASCAR driver. First and only one I've seen in person

Not to derail the thread but if anyone doesn't think the GT sounds good and isn't an amazing car needs their ears checked and doesn't know a lot about cars. The FGT is in a very elite league.

Users who are viewing this thread