Current fuel system, what do I upgrade for E85?

Blueline

Established Member
Hey guys, Im in the process of building my 2.9 setup. The last thing I need to nail down is the fuel system. When I started this I had no desire to go E85 because it is not available near me. However, after much reading, I have decided to build the system with E85 in mind for the future. My current plan is as follows, what should I change for E85? I was planning on 650+ rwhp with the 93 tune at 18-19lbs of boost. I know with E85 I could prob go 22-23lbs. Let me know what I should change in my current 93 oct. build:

- Whipple 2.9

- return fuel system:
-10 an feed line
-8 an return line

- Fore (or whats available) twin hat with twin Walbros 342's.

80lb. injectors.

- New fuel rails

Oh and I know the hat would have to be anodized for E85 protection,

I have not purchased any parts yet so any changes you guys see fit please advise me.

Thanks! :beer:

Blueline

Established Member
Yeah I was figuring def. triple, just wanted to hear from you pros! ha

Im curious if I should bump to 105 inj. instead of the 80's. Also, I was going to use a BA3000 for MAF but the deal fell through. I have a BA2600 lined up and I think that should be good, but I wanted to double check. Thanks guys!

Termilvr

Established Member
Yeah I was figuring def. triple, just wanted to hear from you pros! ha

Im curious if I should bump to 105 inj. instead of the 80's. Also, I was going to use a BA3000 for MAF but the deal fell through. I have a BA2600 lined up and I think that should be good, but I wanted to double check. Thanks guys!

do you have a built motor?

Blueline

Established Member
After more research, looks like Im going to substitute the Walbros for triple Aeromotive stealth pumps. I know triple pumps are overkill till I get E85, but at least I can just do it all at one time. I think I need to go with the BA3000 MAF. Im still unsure if the 80lb. inj. will work for me, or I have to bump up. Let me know guys!!

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
For the injectors I would go ahead and do 105's.. The 3 pumps will be good, and make sure your fuel line has a good ethonal rating. :)

Blueline

Established Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume its possible to run twin pumps in a triple pump hat correct? Im thinking maybe ill go with the 80's and twin pumps and a triple hat. If and when we ever get more E85 pumps here in NJ, I can add the third pump and upgrade to the 105's.

Also I guess I should go with the SCt3000 maf instead of the 2600 correct?

Termilvr

Established Member
i have heard some people having trouble with the aeromotive pumps. if you are on the stock motor i wouldn't go over 22-23 lbs. and that should net in the low to mid 700's and 80's will be fine. do you have long tubes?

Blueline

Established Member
i have heard some people having trouble with the aeromotive pumps. if you are on the stock motor i wouldn't go over 22-23 lbs. and that should net in the low to mid 700's and 80's will be fine. do you have long tubes?

Yeah on the 93 octane my tuner is rec. 18-19lbs. MAX, he said after that your playing with fire. Now on the E85, Im hearing 25lbs. is no prob :shrug:

Either way, I think im gonna go 80s for now with the triple hat (anodized) and run either twin stealths, or Lethal just put out pumps that flow 340lph. The once E85 becomes more available, Ill drop in the third pump and bump up to 105's.

Yes Im going to be putting in long tubes also. Looking for a nice set now.

Termilvr

Established Member
Yeah on the 93 octane my tuner is rec. 18-19lbs. MAX, he said after that your playing with fire. Now on the E85, Im hearing 25lbs. is no prob :shrug:

Either way, I think im gonna go 80s for now with the triple hat (anodized) and run either twin stealths, or Lethal just put out pumps that flow 340lph. The once E85 becomes more available, Ill drop in the third pump and bump up to 105's.

Yes Im going to be putting in long tubes also. Looking for a nice set now.

yeah 18-19lb's is max for 93 if you want to keep some good timing in the car. Kurgans hat is what i would go with for a triple setup because you dont have to deal with that triple y block crap and it can be run in a 2 or 3 pump configuration. you prob can run 25lbs on e85 but I feel you are on borrowed time with the stock motor. I am still skeptical about running 22-23lbs. i dont want my motor to blow because I am already over budget on my build and cant afford a new motor if i pop the stock one.

Blueline

Established Member
Yes I agree, I told my tuner I want the car to run, but run for along time lol. I don't want the tune to be on the ragged edge where I have to worry everytime I take it out. Thanks for your input. I posted in the thread with Bob's fuel hats, hopefully I can pick up one of the first ones with the E85 anodizing. I think Im going to go with his hat, I agree Im not a fan of the Y block too. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread