Current 2020-2021+ owner question

RMGMustang

Established Member
I should be receiving my GT500 in June/July based on how fast ford can build ship.

I was curious from current owners, what are your biggest grips or things that you changed within the first few months of owning the car, or did you change anything?

It's been awhile since I've owned a mustang, my last sports car was a 2014 GTR, but had to sell since moved to NYC for a few years.

RMGMustang

Established Member
Haha look at the man himself :) @13COBRA as you can tell im counting down the days to when it arrives.
Louder exhaust eh, it seems pretty loud already? Do you own one (curious) on thoughts around the main changes you see people making!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Haha look at the man himself :) @13COBRA as you can tell im counting down the days to when it arrives.
Louder exhaust eh, it seems pretty loud already? Do you own one (curious) on thoughts around the main changes you see people making!

It's plenty loud. I wouldn't change the exhaust personally.

I have customers that took them directly home and haven't driven them since....and I have other customers that are chasing 8s. I think Jason is around 9.28 right now.

Personally, window tint, ceramic coat, and a pulley/intake swap would do the trick for me.

RMGMustang

Established Member
Haven't driven them...wtf O_O
The trick is, a lot of those changes void the warranty right? I am looking for changes that won't void, but agree window tint and ceramic coat is something exterior wise.
Once mine gets delivered what would be the turn around to tint the windows/ceramic coat and cost? Feel free to email me exacts.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Haven't driven them...wtf O_O
The trick is, a lot of those changes void the warranty right? I am looking for changes that won't void, but agree window tint and ceramic coat is something exterior wise.
Once mine gets delivered what would be the turn around to tint the windows/ceramic coat and cost? Feel free to email me exacts.

Window tint is about $220 for all windows, and $250 for a brow on the windshield as well. As dark as you want/legal in Michigan.

We have ceramic coat options ranging from $1350-2700. Warranties vary, self healing varies, etc.

RMGMustang

Established Member
How long does the ceramic coat last, and what's time frame to do these for the car once it arrives?
Also will other dealer honor the warranty since we are so far apart :)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How long does the ceramic coat last, and what's time frame to do these for the car once it arrives?
Also will other dealer honor the warranty since we are so far apart :)

The ceramic coat options are 1, 3 or 5 years. Yes, I'm sure there is an installer in your area that supports the brand. I can do some research on that for you.

Typically just a few days.

RMGMustang

Established Member
Awesome, I am thinking prolly utilize that amount I put down to cover this.
We will discuss once we are closer to delivery :D

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Window tint
PPF atleast on the front end to protect from rock chips
Ceramic if you dont enjoy washing your car frequently. I personally haven't gone the ceramic route because I wash my car weekly and maintain a good layer of protection between wax and spray sealants.
New wheels, im either going w/ signature wheels or trying to pick up a set of the CFHP wheels.
Exhaust, I like the sound of the factory exhaust but would go w/ the Borla catback system.

RMGMustang

Established Member
Window tint
PPF atleast on the front end to protect from rock chips
Ceramic if you dont enjoy washing your car frequently. I personally haven't gone the ceramic route because I wash my car weekly and maintain a good layer of protection between wax and spray sealants.
New wheels, im either going w/ signature wheels or trying to pick up a set of the CFHP wheels.
Exhaust, I like the sound of the factory exhaust but would go w/ the Borla catback system.

Will the ceramic coating help for nice drive through washes to protect the paint? I've lived in Tampa for 10 years and NYC now for 3, they all had high end drive throughs, rarely will I hand wash my car.
Growing up in Michigan it looks like there will be self wash places which is fine, but not a ton of good drive throughs.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Will the ceramic coating help for nice drive through washes to protect the paint? I've lived in Tampa for 10 years and NYC now for 3, they all had high end drive throughs, rarely will I hand wash my car.
Growing up in Michigan it looks like there will be self wash places which is fine, but not a ton of good drive throughs.

Ceramic will make it easier to clean, its really not meant to protect even though it's sold that way.Ceramic can still end up with scratches just like unprotected paint, and just like regular paint the only way to get them out is to buff them out and then recoat that panel. PPF will protect from scratches. A lot of guys do PPF w/ ceramic on top

RMGMustang

Established Member
Ceramic will make it easier to clean, its really not meant to protect even though it's sold that way.Ceramic can still end up with scratches just like unprotected paint, and just like regular paint the only way to get them out is to buff them out and then recoat that panel. PPF will protect from scratches. A lot of guys do PPF w/ ceramic on top
Even with the self healing ceramic?

1268+

Established Member
If you r using a drive-thru car wash with a ceramic coated car just get soap and water....no wax etc. Best way to clean them with ceramic is buy hand with a degreaaser like A-Jax. Every few washes then up with a spray bottle with a 50/50 mix of water and isopropyl alcohol....it will look amazing.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Can you even take the new GT500 though a car wash? I don't think the tires will fit, will they? lol
How about the lower splitter?

There is a 9 year self healing ceramic coating. The guy a couple towns over from me went to school and learned all the techniques and tips. Only certified detailer shops can use that type of ceramic coating. I believe Fenylab is the maker.

FEYNLAB - Making Nano Big

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I agree with the others in regards to tint/ppf/ceramic coat. That's the first thing I did when I got mine. Tint/PPF/Ceramic coat, but I also had my calipers painted black with paint matched lettering because red just didn't look good against the orange IMO.

nJJqXqdzpY9ugcqPQKkE2zrE-INxSlneUgEwdWHD0_PUlVViaxaNIGgZHbbn0Vd5lzTk9jt=w1666-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

RMGMustang

Established Member
my 2014 GTR went through car washes lol, but not sure the options available in Michigan.

Either way I will probably start with tint/ceramic(depending on options)

LostM

Established Member
absolute 1st thing to do is paint correction+ redo stripes ( if optioned) and PPF+Ceramic+ window tint. You will thank us after the 1st time you clean it, and every time you clean it after that. For power? Easy depends how comfortable you are. Full weight bolt on cars are doing 9.1x's and 150+ mph

RMGMustang

Established Member
absolute 1st thing to do is paint correction+ redo stripes ( if optioned) and PPF+Ceramic+ window tint. You will thank us after the 1st time you clean it, and every time you clean it after that. For power? Easy depends how comfortable you are. Full weight bolt on cars are doing 9.1x's and 150+ mph
Paint correction?

Users who are viewing this thread