CT5-V Blackwing vs BMW M5 VS Plaid

kaz109

Established Member
I figured this vid has something for everyone one and I’ve always liked Jason Cammisa and Randy Pobst

The 1/4mi times were as expected but the time of the Blackwing was shocking to me. Enjoy

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
So far you are right, it has not been humanly possible for a stock V8 sedan to run low 9 in the 1/4
Because it just can’t be done. A twin turbo Godzilla would separate the space time continuum. Add AWD and it could literally rip the seams of the universe. An electric motor is the only way we can go fast - in stock form.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Emotions vs. performance perfection. Lots of drivers will embrace driving emotion and happily kick performance perfection to the curb. I'd love to say Long Live The CT5V Blackwing, but it's a 1-year wonder and future Blackwings will be (ouch) electric!

That was a fun video to watch. Nothing really surprising, though. We all know the ICE just can't come close to electric in straight line performance. And apparently, not around a track, either.

kaz109

Established Member
For me this is a great example performance vs middle ground vs involvement. My personal choice would be the M5, it’s the perfect balance between the three IMO.

The only think I like about the plaid is the mind blowing performance, the only thing I like about the Caddy is the manual . I like the M5 looks, I like the powertrain, I like the drivetrain being about to go from AWD to RWD . The M5 allows you to be playful and still give u traction when you want to go for lap times.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
So, the car with the most hp and torque, by far, was the quickest. Yes, it was also the quickest around the track, beating the slowest car by 1.02 seconds.

Sometimes, numbers matter. But, do they matter on the street, in the real world?

Tesla is accomplishing amazing things with their cars, but due to their eco focus, they can only chase numbers. Driver involvement, experience, and emotion is severely lacking.

Driving sports cars is much more that just numbers. It's an all encompassing and visceral experience.

I would not hesitate to take the slower, but much more enjoyable and fun, Cadillac.

kaz109

Established Member
So, the car with the most hp and torque, by far, was the quickest. Yes, it was also the quickest around the track, beating the slowest car by 1.02 seconds.

Sometimes, numbers matter. But, do they matter on the street, in the real world?

Tesla is accomplishing amazing things with their cars, but due to their eco focus, they can only chase numbers. Driver involvement, experience, and emotion is severely lacking.

Driving sports cars is much more that just numbers. It's an all encompassing and visceral experience.

I would not hesitate to take the slower, but much more enjoyable and fun, Cadillac.
Fair points but just to touch on a few things, first you mentioned the plaid having more hp and more tq but it also is much much heavier than the other two.

You asked the question do numbers matter in the street? The answer to that question on this forum since I’ve joined is absolutely. Ppl on here already bring up what a car will do in real life situation vs at the track . It’s the same logic when being up 1/4 times vs roll racing on the hwy.

Lastly you said driving sports cars is more than just about the numbers and I couldn’t agree more, however , these are not sports cars.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Fair points but just to touch on a few things, first you mentioned the plaid having more hp and more tq but it also is much much heavier than the other two.

You asked the question do numbers matter in the street? The answer to that question on this forum since I’ve joined is absolutely. Ppl on here already bring up what a car will do in real life situation vs at the track . It’s the same logic when being up 1/4 times vs roll racing on the hwy.

Lastly you said driving sports cars is more than just about the numbers and I couldn’t agree more, however , these are not sports cars.

Just say it man.........you hate the Caddy.

kaz109

Established Member
Just say it man.........you hate the Caddy.
Hate is such a strong word lol, No I don’t hate it, I appreciate and respect what it is. Just not something I would own in this segment.

I shouldn’t say that, it would probably be a good business move to own one because it will hold value well just like a trackhawk

ArabianOak

Established Member
The Cadillac is obsolete.

It’s like a Harley…big loud and can even look good, but far behind any modern design.

It’s a 4 door z06. Curious if it will have heating issues.

Users who are viewing this thread