Crushed Sleeve Eliminator? Gear Swap

BlkShelby500

Established Member
Hello,
I just ordered parts for a gear swap.
Ford Performance 8.8 " 4.10 gear
Ford 13 - 14 GT500 Pinion Bearing
Ford Performance Ring and Pinon Kit

Anything else I would need? My mechanic asked if I could order a crushed sleeve eliminator or knew of anyone running them? Thoughts? Thank You!

MG0h3

Established Member
It’s called a crush sleeve eliminator. I’ve set up diffs with and without a crush sleeve.

Never used an eliminator but have heard of people using them and can’t ever see it being an issue.

Just a different way to set up bearing preload using shims instead of a crush sleeve.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
For high power builds I would definitely recommend bypassing the crush sleeves and use an ‘eliminator’ or solid spacer. Also, setting it up tight and/or rechecking/retightening after some miles is almost a requirement on these cars.
You will love the 4.10 and drag radial combo on these cars! Drives SO much better all around and def off boost!
Good luck
-J

BlkShelby500

Established Member
For high power builds I would definitely recommend bypassing the crush sleeves and use an ‘eliminator’ or solid spacer. Also, setting it up tight and/or rechecking/retightening after some miles is almost a requirement on these cars.
You will love the 4.10 and drag radial combo on these cars! Drives SO much better all around and def off boost!
Good luck
-J
I always see you recommend the 4.10's and DR's is why I bought them lol!
So what do you recommend on the crush sleeve?
Thanks

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I always see you recommend the 4.10's and DR's is why I bought them lol!
So what do you recommend on the crush sleeve?
Thanksgiving
No I would have it installed tight with a solid spacer or solid shim. Any hint of whine after break in and aggressive driving I would probably go back inside and retighten everything. Also would recommend any form of brace. That said, you can do it all and still have whine with drag launches.
Still the best choice for a street monster 4.10/DR FTW
-J

boost88

Established Member
I run a solid spacer in my car. Ran one in my last mach 1 also. I wouldn't recommend anything else. Motive has a pretty solid one and that's what I used this go around. To me it makes set up even easier.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread