*crickets*

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
Where is everybody lately? This place hasn't seen a post in a couple of days. Mustang Life is dead as a door nail. Kidd Valley has been really slow the last couple of weeks. Even Stangnet has been off its feed. What the heck? :shrug:

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
Yep, been to two family reunions and a wedding this month alone! Tis the season. Can't wait for the Winthrop cruise this Sat!

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
*crickets* *crickets*

I'm working late tonight. Surfing svtp killing time while i wait for a server backup to finish.

*chirp* *chirp*

Oxford Snake

Established Member
03CONVTORCH said:
Hey Will, Any ideas or thoughts why I could have a dead battery after sitting for 3 weeks.......red top opti

There has to be some kind of current draw happening. What kind of accessories do you have installed?

03CONVTORCH

Scary Fast Snake
Established Member
Oxford Snake said:
Do you have a multimeter? You can measure the current draw with the car off.
Dave I do have a muti- meter what kind of a draw would I be looking for .....I am at work so , can't check anything until 3.

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
saleen09 said:
Ah, another IT guy dealing with my pains and struggles....... :)
Yep...

Just got home. Nothing like working 7am to 6pm and then coming back 10pm-7:30am to do after hours work!

Racked my brain since 2am trying to figure out what went wrong with my last server client update. Turns out the last client install corrupted the db license file causing 4 other server client's not to work.....*sarcasm*I love working on business critical applications in a medical facility! *sarcasm over*

Time to get dressed for my 8-5 NORMAL shift.

Last edited:

Oxford Snake

Established Member
03CONVTORCH said:
Dave I do have a muti- meter what kind of a draw would I be looking for .....I am at work so , can't check anything until 3.

I would take a reading and then compare it to someone who has everything stock.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
03CONVTORCH said:
Hey Will, Any ideas or thoughts why I could have a dead battery after sitting for 3 weeks.......red top opti

Dave is on the right track.

First take a VOM ( multimeter) and run a 12V test from the battery ground post to the body. If you get anything besides 0.01, you just confirmed a parasitic draw.

If there is one, easiest way to diagnose is to watch the meter (neighbor kids come in handy...) and start pulling fuses to isolate the circuit.

Did you leave anything plugged into the OBD port or cigarette lighter?

Users who are viewing this thread