Credit Card with rewards

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Any recommendations for a credit card with cash back, reward points, travel voucher, etc? I currently have an AMEX card with rewards but I’m interested in what else is out there.

I put between $2500-$3500 a month on my card and pay it off each month.

I wouldn’t mind an annual fee if I get that back in points or rewards that make it worth it.

Thanks

MG0h3

Established Member
Kinda depends on what you like to do, where you live and fly to, etc.

Mine are all hotel points and air miles.

Not really sure which is best.

I have family in Seattle so I have Alaska. Family in MT and only Delta and United fly there so I ha e those. I live in the SW so I have SW to get around down here with ease.

Go to is Marriott for hotel Pts for me.

You can cancel about all of them every three years, get a new, and get the huge point bonus again.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
We have an Apple/MasterCard with 1-3% cash back and an IHG (Holiday Inn)/MasterCard that earns hotel reward points. We put just about everything on these two cards which essentially pays for our vacation(s) every year.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
If you have a brokerage account, Fidelity has a 2% cash back offer that will put the cash in brokerage account.
I just got a Bank of America unlimited card with 1.5% and a one time 200 bucks if you spend 1k in the first month or two.
It's a great idea, every dime I spend is going to get ran through.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Chase Sapphire Preferred has taken great care of me. Their card offers trip interruption. For example, and true, you are flying Chicago to Orlando with a connection in Minneapolis. Because of rain, you can't land, you have to circle, you have to land elsewhere, refuel, and then get to Minneapolis where the airline says "oh you missed your 8pm connection, tough shit, sleep on the floor, not our problem, your flight is now 2pm tomorrow." I can't say how other cards handle it, but since I booked that flight with my CSP, I walked to Minneapolis's newly opened hotel attached to the airport, grabbed me a king size bed, grabbed a nice dinner in their restaurant, got a great night sleep, had some oatmeal and juice at their snack counter in the AM, had some chickfila at the airport, and also some overpriced advil, plus got the joy of paying an extra days parking at MCO. I totaled everything up, and handed the bills to CSP. They cut me a check for like $280 or whatever is was. Seconds time I've used this benefit.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I have Amex preferred which give you 6% on grocery stores up to 6k in purchases.
6% on streaming services, 3% on transit and 3% on gas.
Well worth the 95 dollar fee to me. Made back close to 700 in cash back last year on that card.

Discover card that has 5% cash back that change every 3 months. For example they are offer 5% on groceries too through March and since I max out the benefit on the Amex I use the Discover through March then go back to the Amex. No fee.

Chase has a decent card that offers either 1.5% or 2% on any purchase.

96dreamer

Established Member
I have a Citi double cash card. It is essentially 2% on everything, 1% when you buy and 1% when you pay it off. I pay it off every month so it works out to be 2% on everything. No annual fee. It's good for several hundred a year in cash back.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a Citi double cash card. It is essentially 2% on everything, 1% when you buy and 1% when you pay it off. I pay it off every month so it works out to be 2% on everything. No annual fee. It's good for several hundred a year in cash back.

This is what I use.

Users who are viewing this thread