Creationism Checkmate: 40M Year-old Walking Whale Fossil

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
My provocative thread title is inaccurate insofar as this fossil being a checkmate against creationism because creationists can make anything up and claim any evidence as supportive of their own elastic, all-encompassing worldview.

This is still an amazing find though, regardless of how you choose to interpret or deny it:

'Walking Whale' Fossil Discovered In Peru: 40-Million-Year-Old Specimen May Be Link Between Aquatic and Land Mammals - International Science Times

walking-whale.jpg

dashboard

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Some of God's creation are simply astonishing past and present.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Why do people insist on arguing about Creationism? It isn't much different than arguing with people that think the earth is flat or the Holocaust never happened.

It's so absurd it isn't even worthy of any type of a debate, and even if it was you're not going to change anyone's mind.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
...and on the 5th day God created walking whale hybrids to fool Wurd2 into believing evolution took place. It was good.

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
We will see.

We remember how "Lucy" turned out.

Sensationalist knee-jerk reactions to anything new in the high hopes that it somehow disproves intelligent design.

There have been exactly zero proofs of evolution, missing link or otherwise, and many of the claims have proven to be hoaxes or complete fabrications.

Could there be a new animal found? Sure. But was it somehow a missing link? Lol. Just like the collection of fossils showing a croc, a manatee, and. A whale supposed to be evolution...

And then some line about whales used to be furry (as if fossils can tell is this..) wolf sized creatures that ate fish ( as if fossils could tell us that...). Maybe they were actually wolves? No... That can't be it! That wouldn't make the point! Funny how when it comes to evolution, very little fact combines with so much conjecture and passes for science. This theory is the real "great con of man."

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that in due time, this too will be proven either yet another lie. Or simply a new marine animal not seen before. Either that, or an animal that possibly had some deformity. We've seen three armed people as well... But it's likely it's a known animal. Again.

Funny how evolutionists jump at any chance to point to their pet theory while completely ignoring logical conclusions. The most blind faith ever seen in history.

And it's a sad state of science that no dating methods for fossils, etc. is yet accurate due to the drastic ways cataclysmic events and other factors alter dating criteria.

Last edited:

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
It doesn't hurt to have more evidence but there is far better evidence of evolution than finding a "transitional" animal IMO.

Analyzing our DNA in relation to other primates (and animals in general) is more convincing as well as our observations regarding micro-evolution of bacteria.

In reality, understanding genetics and how inheritance works should be sufficient evidence of evolution but as always the science will be ignored so that religious beliefs are not harmed.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Is it bad I read OPs post in my Rickey Bobby voice?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
lol walking whale. Stay tuned for lions on jet ski's.

You have become one of these types, I see.

LOL, at you. Explain what is funny about a walking whale. What is it you do not believe?

Explain what you know about this whale's predecessors. It is in the article and once you understand what you read, the laugh will be on you.

jbs$

Established Member
Question; assume for a moment that there is God and this being is immortal. How long would a day be for such a being? Would it be by our time line a billion years, more or less? Certainly it would be far more than our human, 24 hours.
Once you start stretching out the time lines to meet the described conditions, the conflicts between the two, creation or evolution become much less. If what we describe as a day, is in fact, far longer to God, why is this a conflict?

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting critter. I found the other articles on the size and shape of the universe more interesting. Especially the one where the Dutch astronomers talked a bit about the consequences of the Higgs particle losing energy.

jbs$

Established Member
James, I suspect that you knew by the second grade, that all sea going mammals were land critters that had returned, full time, to the sea. That, early on in the return period, they still had all four legs is to be expected. What is unusual about the fossil is that is fairly complete.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
9secondko said:
We will see.

Indeed.

We must always hold to our skepticism, even when our emotions get in the way.

9secondko said:
We remember how "Lucy" turned out.

Sensationalist knee-jerk reactions to anything new in the high hopes that it somehow disproves intelligent design.

There have been exactly zero proofs of evolution, missing link or otherwise, and many of the claims have proven to be hoaxes or complete fabrications.

Could there be a new animal found? Sure. But was it somehow a missing link? Lol. Just like the collection of fossils showing a croc, a manatee, and. A whale supposed to be evolution...

And then some line about whales used to be furry (as if fossils can tell is this..) wolf sized creatures that ate fish ( as if fossils could tell us that...). Maybe they were actually wolves? No... That can't be it! That wouldn't make the point! Funny how when it comes to evolution, very little fact combines with so much conjecture and passes for science. This theory is the real "great con of man."

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that in due time, this too will be proven either yet another lie. Or simply a new marine animal not seen before. Either that, or an animal that possibly had some deformity. We've seen three armed people as well... But it's likely it's a known animal. Again.

Funny how evolutionists jump at any chance to point to their pet theory while completely ignoring logical conclusions. The most blind faith ever seen in history.

And it's a sad state of science that no dating methods for fossils, etc. is yet accurate due to the drastic ways cataclysmic events and other factors alter dating criteria.

This post represents the colossal ignorance and grand misconception of biology and science in general that educators are up against. Our education system has obviously failed this unfortunate member.

9secondko, if you want to correct your misconceptions of science, read this:
In Defense of Science and Theory

If you want to learn about some evidences behind evolutionary theory, read through this thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...tion-v-evolution-debate-making-headlines.html

Please note in advance that I don't care if you care to read this or not.

Whether you care to learn is up to you.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
TheCPE said:
It doesn't hurt to have more evidence but there is far better evidence of evolution than finding a "transitional" animal IMO.

I've been trying to convince our antievolutionist members for years that fossils are merely icing on the cake when it comes to evidence for evolution.

It's all about molecular genetics and what we've discovered there.

Human chromosome #2 is a smoking gun in my opinion.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
neatofrito1618 said:
Why do people insist on arguing about Creationism? It isn't much different than arguing with people that think the earth is flat or the Holocaust never happened.

Creationism is essentially at war with science education.

It's the reason the National Center for Science Education was formed.

The Christian faith school responsible for this is no longer, but we must take this very, very seriously:

creationist-test.gif

Watering down science in the name of religion is a major step backwards for us all.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
hey, i wonder who's minds will be changed in this thread? since all the previous ones have had such a massive success rate!

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
You have become one of these types, I see.

LOL, at you. Explain what is funny about a walking whale. What is it you do not believe?

Explain what you know about this whale's predecessors. It is in the article and once you understand what you read, the laugh will be on you.

The lol was because I found it funny. The lion remark was bait. I knew you, or one of your goombas, would bite.

This "discovery" means very little to me. We only know of a small percentage of current living creatures on this planet. What makes you or anybody else think that a minor finding like this (relatively speaking) would create a substantial cultural rift?

Personally I don't care enough about this particular topic to dive in deeper and come up with a formal opinion.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
Creationism is essentially at war with science education.

It's the reason the National Center for Science Education was formed.

The Christian faith school responsible for this is no longer, but we must take this very, very seriously:

creationist-test.gif

Watering down science in the name of religion is a major step backwards for us all.

I call bs on this pic, unless it's from the westboro baptist psychos, or the like.

Users who are viewing this thread