Creating a Cabin Filter

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Sp after replacing cabin filters in a few cars this winter, and seeing how absolutely nasty and disgusting they were. I decided to take some time and see if I cant come up with an aftermarket cabin filter using some already pre-maid manufacturers plastic holder and filters. I have a Haynes manual somewhere but cannot find it. So before I go and remove my car's cowl piece I want to get some printouts of how our heating and a.c. draws in fresh air.

Once I get the dimensions I think it will be just locating the right housing. I know for a Jeep, MOPAR sells a kit to install one. So I figure maybe using an 05 up mustangs housing and modifying it.

My goal is to see if I can reduce the amount of pollen and crap I breath in during the spring. When I don;t have the windows down, which is normally all summer.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
My father has an 05 mustang, I am gonna borrow it, take it apart and get measurements for the housing. See what modifications can be made.

Ironhand

Banned
Just use a slide in filter after the blower motor. Shouldn't be too terribly hard to do and still be cheap.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
wheres the blower motor? I need a good diagram to see the best way to do it before i start removing stuff on my car. I would prefer making an access panel somewhere behind the glove compartment.

LDC2335

Established Member
yout think a cabin filter would benefit me any? lol jk

DSC06840edited.jpg

Last edited:

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Why mess with trying to retrofit a cabin air filter system into the stock blower system? Just wear an N95 mask and call it a day... :)

Users who are viewing this thread