Crazy Chase/Shootout in Atlantic City

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I think it's a caprice PPV? I love that he calls his friends and says Bro, I'm in a police pursuit listen..."

CobraKid04

Established Member
I don't know their department policy, but a vehicle pursuit through neighborhoods with pedestrians isn't good. There were several times to shut that shit down, but they just kept chasing.(I'm sure it's policy)
Ended in a public place with a bus and people everywhere. While the suspect is rightfully dead, this hardly seems like the best pursuit tactic, but I'm sure the officer s were within policy.

At the beginning the suspect appears to be going under 45mph, within PIT speed. Hopefully the administration reviews their pursuit policy and allows for the PIT maneuver.

Great safe driving by the officer, way to clear the intersections.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know their department policy, but a vehicle pursuit through neighborhoods with pedestrians isn't good. There were several times to shut that shit down, but they just kept chasing.(I'm sure it's policy)
Ended in a public place with a bus and people everywhere. While the suspect is rightfully dead, this hardly seems like the best pursuit tactic, but I'm sure the officer s were within policy.

At the beginning the suspect appears to be going under 45mph, within PIT speed. Hopefully the administration reviews their pursuit policy and allows for the PIT maneuver.

Great safe driving by the officer, way to clear the intersections.

He'd already been deemed a threat to society. In the article it stated the reason the pursuit began was because he was at a local bar and took his gun out and pointed it in the air and when the police arrived he refused to submit to their commands and sped off nearly striking one officer which began the pursuit and I do believe he had warrants out for his arrest already. There was no way they were terminating this chase and letting him go.

CobraKid04

Established Member
Sounds like it should have been ended within the first few miles then. But Once again, their department policy dictates their actions.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
it's a very high crime area. they do all they can to apprehend suspects.

Badass_Forever

Established Member
I'v watched so many of these videos lately and the police policy's really need to change. after lights and sirens are turned on and you do not pull over within 2 minuets, they should be allowed to us any force needed to make you stop.

They could have stopped that SUV where there was almost no people, instead hundreds of innocent people were put at risk because they had to chase this POS.

I'm just tired of seeing people have no respect for the law's.

CobraKid04

Established Member
I'm all for the outcome but damn, no pit? No spike strips?
It's like they were trying to set a record for longest chase time..

Some jurisdictions have a no pursuit policy. Which means, when they do get into a pursuit, for various extreme reasons, no one is PIT or spike strip certified. So they just chase until another jurisdiction, who are certified jump in and handle it, or they just chase until it ends.

Its all about liabilities.

1slo5ohh

Established Member
I like how the scumbag used his blinkers. At least they couldn't get him for failing to indicate lol

cbj5259

Established Member
Nobody uses PIT anymore because of all of the lawsuits. As far as spikes go...you run more of a risk being run over by the bad guy then actually stopping his his car. 9 times out of 10 you end up spiking a patrol unit and missing the bad guy.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

blackcad55

I agree....they are putting too many innocent people in danger by prolonging the chase.....give me a f**king car and I'll stop the b**tard in one block!! :)

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Nobody uses PIT anymore because of all of the lawsuits.

they use PIT manuever all the time here in LA. i think they've just stopped using them at higher speeds which can cause the car to go out of control and flip over.

cbj5259

Established Member
they use PIT manuever all the time here in LA. i think they've just stopped using them at higher speeds which can cause the car to go out of control and flip over.
California is like a different country. In the rest of the civilized world it isn't used. In PA it doesn't exist.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread