Crate engine options?

86caprirs

Established Member
So my cobra has over 75000 miles on it and I am looking to put on a bigger blower. The engine runs great but I know she may not be able to handle the extra pressures. So I have been looking at crate motors from FMPP. I have seen the Aluminator and that's all. Is there any other reputable speed shops that have crate motors or stroker motors? Maybe a stroked 5.0L?

MG0h3

Established Member
I think some picked up the aluminator from ford but unless something changed they are not available any longer.

Not sure what your goals are but I've been pushing my car hard for 10k at @600rwhp and its fine. Guys are running around at over 700 with over 100k on the clock.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
If you are going with a big blower and seeking big power numbers, do it the right way and build it yourself (assuming your OE engine is not up to the task). The way to go is the Aluminator block (which is simply the 3V block from the '05-'10 GT). You will pay big coin though: I have over $11K in my engine, and that was getting a lot of deals.

Here's my build thread at ModFords with about everything you want to know:

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/236857-Aluminator-Gibtec-build

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Get a compression test and leak down done on the engine. Unless it hasn't been maintained or you're looking for 4 digit power numbers I'm sure your motor will handle a bigger blower.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread