Crank case ventilation for a single turbo Coyote

jeffs

Established Member
Hello all, just trying to get my ducks in a row as I wait for my CPR single kit. I see alot of folks running a line from each valve cover into a single catch can, and also a small amount of people just simply putting breathers on each valve cover.

I really like the factory set-up, or running the passenger's valve-cover line into the intake down-stream of throttle body like factory, or similar as the Paxton kits, and possibly run the driver's side into the cap of the air filter, as that's the only exposed part of the intake tract after adding a turbo that won't see positive pressure from boost, but I don't want to have a mess.

I have friends with breathers on their Coyotes, and their valve covers look like crap now from the oily mess, I don't want that, and I absolutely will be driving this car around quite a lot.

Thanks in advance for any input / advice.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
I had the Boss breathers on my car and the drivers side was always pretty gross. Get a nice catch can. Fathouse makes some nice ones.

GrabUblue

Established Member
I have the breathers on mine. No mess at all. Its not a daily though.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I run the moroso breather/catch can for both valve covers and the CFM breather on my oil fill. No oil mist issues.

KEVINS

Established Member
This is probably beyond what you're looking for but I made an electric evacuation system for my car. I have the engine block completely sealed off except the one port that goes to the vacuum motor and it has been working flawless for a few years now. Because the engine block is under constant vacuum at all times there's no oil leaks or residue on anything and the vacuum system has been keeping up with 32psi of boost on my TT street car.

Here's my build thread on the system:
https://forums.corral.net/forums/drag-racing/1738897-my-custom-electric-crankcase-evac.html

ks

Users who are viewing this thread