Crank Bolt thread

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Can someone tell me what the thread of the crank bolt is? I want to get a friend to turn over my shortblock thats unfortunetely sitting in storage while im out of the country, so I need to know what the thread is so he can buy the bolt.

Also while I'm on the subject of the crank bolt, has anyone gone with the ARP bolt? I'm turbo so I don't have the load of the supercharger on the crank, but I will be going for some serious numbers with my new setup so I'm wondering if it's something I should consider?

I'm also curious about aftermarket dampeners, any advantages in getting one? They are pretty pricey...

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
the crankshaft damper converts vibration into heat. the mass of the damper can then dissipate that heat. stock-type dampers tend to be a mass mounted on a rubber ring. as the rubber gets old, the big steel ring can turn and sometimes even slide off. aftermarket high-performance crank dampers tend to be filled with a viscous fluid instead. i'd definitely spring for an aftermarket damper, if you have the coin. if not, a fresh stock one is probably not a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread