Cracks in rear rotors.

Double-D

'03 10th Anniv. Cobra Cpe
Established Member
I have some hairline cracks in my rear brake rotors (fronts were ok), I assume it is from typical heat cycles. Should I replace them or simply have them turned and consider it normal? Any input??

Double-D

Established Member
I wouldnt suggest turning them.
Should be relatively cheap. I dont know exact pricing.
That was what I was thinking. For rear rotors (non-drilled or dimpled to match fronts) if decide to replace, which brand should I go with? Anyone have pros/cons on the Frozen rotor brand cryo treated? Any other opion on turn or repair and or recommendations for replacement rotors?

DVP03Cobra

Established Member
I just bought Brembo replacement rear rotors and Hawk ceramic pads from TireRack...under $200 delivered to my door. I did a search for recommended replacements since my rears just failed inspection..many have gone with Brembo/Hawk combo. My local Ford dealership quoted me $525 (including labor) to do them w/OE Brembo rotors and pads so I saved a bunch by purchasing through TireRack and doing the install myself. There is also a good step by step on here as to how to do the job yourself.

Double-D

Established Member
Thanks for all the input!

I mail ordered a set of Brembo #27192 rotors, paid $78.71 delivered. Thanks again for all the help!

edit: Brembo #27192 rotors arrived, looked like crap!!! Pulled one out of the box and noticed how rough the internal casting was, the edges by the center vented section was a rough and sharp. Took a look at the big red Brembo box and surprise.....made in china. WTF?? Sending them back tomorrow. Just wanted everyone to know that even Brembo has started to out source their rotors to china like just about everyone else. Purchased a factory set from Tousley Ford, Steve looked at one from the shelf and it was marked Brazil just like the originals I removed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread