CR and Boost Ported Eaton 94 octane

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
Have a question for you boys.

Im in the process of building the engine and car in my Sig. The machine shop told me the other day that the std bore pistons i ordered won't work as the bores need to be cleaned up, and ill have to go with a .020+ piston.

Now i recently found out that i have 94 octane readily available where i drive. Im now contemplating ordering the -5.2 cc diamond pistons instead of going with the -11.5cc pistons. This would put me at roughly 9.4:1CR

However i still need to be able to run 91 octane as a back up, and torco because 94 isn't readily available if i leave the Calgary area.

My pulleys are a 4# lower and I'm trying to trade my 2.76 for a 2.93

thanks Jay

Last edited:

watman02

Established Member
So u want to know if you can run this way? Yes you can what kinds of boost will it make 16#? You will pry have to pull some timing. And I would pry set ur iat timing subtractor conservatively. When I build a motor with my teksid block im going to shoot for low 9's in CR.

Last edited:

prn1972

Established Member
The 2011-14 Coyote motors run 11:1 CR. They run 10-15lbs of boost on pump 91-93 with no problems. Just need a good tune with the timing set right for your setup.

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
i wana know what better set up wise basically, the key being able to run 91 as a back up with a safe non performance oriented tune

I don't know if there is much extra power to be had bumping from about 8.8-8.9:1 up to 9.4-9.5:1.

I would like to utilize the eaton and make as much power out of it as possible

watman02

Established Member
If u want to make as much power as possable wih an Eaton u need the compression ratio to help make more power.

Users who are viewing this thread