CP-E Motor Mount upgrade from Powerflex Bushings

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, at 22,000 miles right now and was hearing some clunking coming from the Powerflex bushing equipped stock mount. Tried to tighten the bolts and found that the bushing sleeves were worn out! Even when tight there was a significant gap between the bolt and the sleeve. Im sure i could have found spacer plates or fabbed something to work but at this point i was sick of dealing with it and wanted something permanent.

In comes CP-E. Custom Performance Engineering in Beltsville, Maryland, is about 15 minutes away from where i work and offers an array of Fiesta ST performance parts. I was a little hesitant in getting a full motor mount as i wanted as little NVH in the car as possible. The Powerflex bushings were great and didnt add much NVH over the factory bushings and i really wanted to keep it like that.

I went in on a Wednesday to talk to them and check out the shop. Talked to Mitch about a few Fiesta things and he explained the EPDM bushing material vs the polyurethane bushing material difference in an application such as the Fiesta. As informative as he was i ended up picking up the motor mount.

Install took all of about 15 minutes on the ground with some jackstands and a 13mm 3/8's socket. Torqued the nuts and bolts down and started it up. Very little increase over the factory and Powerflex bushings but a whole heapload of go when pressing the pedal. No more movement at all and only a slight NVH increase right off idle. Cruising is pure factory with no noticeable noise or clunking that the rubber or poly mounts offered.

Great customer service and a great looking / performing mount. Very happy with my purchase and i look forward to checking out and maybe buying a few more items for the Fiesta from them.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome. I have a CP-E motor mount I need to install on our FiST.

Its an amazing looking piece. Im extremely happy with the purchase and i think you will really enjoy the car once its installed. No more wheel hop, no more firewall clunking and no more throttle lag when accelerating.

Impressive facility too. If you ever get a chance to come up to Maryland call them up and ask they for the tour.

Users who are viewing this thread