Coyote vs ls motor's

Status
Not open for further replies.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
REPLY:This is true, but They had Evan smith drive both cars being his driver mod, so it wasnt just good driving in the mustang, because they didnt want to favor the mustang, which every 1 is trying to tell you, alot of times magazines run on a gps and have 2 diff drivers in both cars and run crappy times or hype up there car to favor 1 or the other , which evan smith did not like, alot of times mags do like to favor cars cough road and track hates mustangs that always bad mouth them and favor chevy etc.

Also, I have one of 1st 03 cobra vs ss camaro. issue I belive its July 2002 issue of mm&ff when they ran the 03 cobra with evan smith driving he got a stock 03 to run as fast as 12.7@113 I belive, and he backed it up with 2 other 12 sec runs of 12.8@112 and and 12.96@112 I belive if my memory corrects me, and a few hott lapped low low 13's@110,he then ran the camaro ss and he was running 13.0@108 and 13.1 and 13.2. He drove both to show he wasnt favoring the mustang, and he even explained both cars could of went faster so side note they showed an older article 1999 he ran 12's with a stock ss and side note on the last page of this article I belive he ran the editors daily driver a stock 2002 e46 m3 with the 3.2 inline 6 333hp and he even got 12's out of that bone stock.and later on in 2003 I belive he ran 12.4 and 12.6 in a stock 03 cobra.

and they even dynoed both cars to show chevy and ford lied about what power both cars made which is why they both could run faster times then expected the camaro ss was rated 325crankhp and it dynoed about 300rwhp, and the 03 cobra was rated 390 crank hp and it was dynoing 360-390rwhp stock, so the camaro was more like 330-350hp and the 03 cobra was prob more like 425hp stock.

reply:I remember all these,and I remeber all these ss owners shitting themselves argueing " see they run 12's " stock we have 40-80+less hp/tq then a 03 cobra with a blower and we still run as fast, but the 03 cobra was still running mid to high 12's and had a good 2-5+mph on the slowmaros, the 03 was trapping 110-113 bone stock mid to high 12's the ls1 was running high high 12's to low 13's some mid to high 13's as well in stock auto's and verts and z28's etc . So I remember all the hype in summer of 2002- 2003

I wont forget when my friend had just bought his bone stock cobra that summer of 2002 he was 1of the few to have 1 out, and he had tons of ss guys coming up to him going crazy wanting to run 1! a guy walked up who had top of the line 2001 ss slp camaro and said how he wasnt scared and smokes cobras stock or bolt on , that his ss can run 12's stock 2, My friend raced that ss prob 20 times he even payed my friend to fill it up with gas after 2 hours of runs, he was so pissed he lost to a bone stock mustang

and that my friends in summer of 2002 is when Tables turned for the chevy guys and ford took away chevys stock ls1 balls HAHA
:):rockon:

:beer: There is no doubt the 03 Cobra put the smack down and the Camaro is no match for it. I hope no one believes I am saying otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread