Coyote vs ls motor's

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtfMACH1?

Is that a GT?
Established Member
How well do you think the new 5.0 will stack up against the ss and srt's in stock form and also aftermarket power potential? I understand ther is no kill story here, but a slot reserved for the kill spot is what I am looking at with the number's ford is releasing. Will a base gt spank a high end chevy now? If so, I say :beer:

whipplecharged0

Established Member
well with the numbers that ford is talking about on the new gt it may be a lot closer of a race than any chevy fan may ever want to admit to. the gt might actually be able to take out the camaro but the only way we will ever find out is when the gts come out.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Comparing the new 5.0 to the LS3 they are very close in stock form. The cylinder heads on the new 5.0 are pretty awesome much like the ones on the LS3. As far as after market potential I think the LS3 will easily pull away from the 5.0. There may be some power to be had with porting, maybe cam swaps and shorten the runners of the intake but probably not nearly to the degree that the LS3 responds to long tubes and a cam.

BM1

Established Member
The problem is still displacement with Ford motors. They won't make as much power mod for mod, but that's nothing new.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
The problem is still displacement with Ford motors. They won't make as much power mod for mod, but that's nothing new.

True but thats what FI is for!!!! Oh wait 11.1 compression!!!! Well thats what N20 is for!!!! Oh wait a plastic composite intake manifold!!!!

Butters916

Established Member
I think that the new 5.0 will be a very good stock motor for the mustang but the problems will come from modding it out. The new issue of 5.0 mustangs and Fast Fords goes into great details about the motor. The shortcomings are def the rods and the complicated tuning that will come from the high tech motor. I think that stock to stock the new mustang will beat the camaro only because of power to weight ratio and the new camaro doesnt have rear gear options yet but once you start to mod them the ls3 will beat it out. Just like the old hot rod saying " No replacement for displacement"

matt87

Established Member
modding the new 5.0 ?!? omg no way! reminds me back when the first efi 5.0s came and nobody thought it could be done. efi??? dude whers my 4 barrel.

wtfMACH1?

Is that a GT?
Established Member
well with the redline as high as it is, vortech's and procharged gt's seem like they will rape once they're on the road

exdeath

Established Member
Don't really care, as long as Terminators still get to eat their fair share.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Well thats what N20 is for!!!! Oh wait a plastic composite intake manifold!!!!

Right because no one has been spraying LS motors with plastic intakes.

That and the compression. 11.1 + boost=BOOM!!! I bet 6 psi will be the limit on the amount of boost the new 5.0 can take.

That 6 psi will be good for upper 500's at the crank, theoretically.

Last edited:

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
parts are going to be very expensive at first. brand new powerplant that shares nothing with the current 4.6 mod motors.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
The 3v's don't have that problem. The 2v intake problems aren't because they are plastic, it's because they are a poor design.

Well considering how much R&D they did with this new engine to include the intake its probably safe for me to assume its a far superior design over the 2v plastic intake. In which case there may not be any issues. Lets hope thats the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread