Coyote Tuning Manual

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Just thought I would share if anyone is interested in tuning on the new Coyote's. Very informative book by Don LaSota!

Lot's of great information. :read:

21478409075_9517889fe6_o.jpg

21291505809_8512f93010_b.jpg

BeanCrusher

Sidetracked yet again.
Established Member
I was going to make the very same post the other day but didn't get around to it. So +1 instead.

Required reading and worth the price.

BeanCrusher

Sidetracked yet again.
Established Member
I find it friendly, and I am a beginner with no prior tuning experience. There are step by step instructions to help get set up to tune the engine, along with suggestions on what to log, what to pay attention to and where to make changes. Thus far, it appears fool proof, as I am getting along well, and am somewhat of a fool...

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
It is a very friendly manual. It does help to have prior knowledge of how the Mustang processors have progressed over the years. This adds to what was already in place. Each year the computers become more and more complicated due to more computer controlled items. Drive By Wire, Ti-VCT, Charge Motion Plates, Etc..

All of Don's books are very good information!

helloWorld

Established Member
I see that it mentions knock sensors. Does it say anything about his experience with false knock on the Coyote platform vehicles in locations other than exhaust?

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
I see that it mentions knock sensors. Does it say anything about his experience with false knock on the Coyote platform vehicles in locations other than exhaust?

It mentions with noisy blowers, they must be carefully adjusted, but does not tell you how. Also states that without the type of equipment Ford used to set the sensitivity, it would be difficult to adjust them correctly.
Basically, if you can't prove it's false knock, don't assume it is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread