Coyote Swap Hood Clearance

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm swapping a 2015 5.0 engine into my 03 GT that has an 03 Cobra hood on it.
Anyone know how much clearance there is on top of the engine? Wondering if any high performance intake or even the Roush Supercharger would fit without lowering the engine.

ZincYellah

Project Coyotify retained the stock GT hood.
(sorry for the unrelated comment but) How much do you estimate a full swap to cost? My 4v in my Mach 1 bit the dust and I'm either going with a built 4v 4.6 or a coyote swap.

nileppezdel77

Established Member
Depends on how you do it. The materials you need are, more or less as follows:

Engine (Aluminator is $10k+, 15-16 longblock is $7k, used engines are whatever they are)
FRPP Wiring harness kit (because you need the wiring and a gas pedal, but can always source these things separately as well) $1500
Headers $1300
Return fuel system (depends again on how you decide to go this route - build your own for as cheap as you can or get a Glenn's performance or Lethal kit for $1-2k)
K-member (you can use the stock one, but then you need an aftermarket oil pan and oil filter relocater for a few hundred or go with the full Maximum motorsports setup for $1800)
Clutch and flywheel $800
accessory bracket $750
Alternator $400

If you're going all new parts, figure at least $15,000 for parts. Then labor if you're not going it alone.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I'm curious about the same original question as well.

I also have an 04 with an 03/04 Cobra hood. I just picked up my Coyote last weekend, and would love to be able to fit a Cobra Jet intake under there with K-member spacers. Possible?

JSVT

Established Member
I posted a similar question on blower bistro trying to see if i have the clearance for a roush 2015 supercharger. Can someone please measure this? Jsvt

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
there's a facebook group about the swap where I just raised the same question: https://www.facebook.com/groups/279559109084673/
apparently a Boss or Cobra Jet intake won't fit, not sure on the k-member spacers. Best to join the group and ask

Thank you very much for that link. I am a member of 2 Coyote swap fb groups ("Coyote Swapped Foxbodies" and "Coyote Powered: The Swap of Greatness"... it's great to find a Coyote New Edge specific community.

Users who are viewing this thread