Coyote Stock Class NMRA for 2012

NMRA Gene

Established Member
NMRA Announces New Strange Engineering Coyote Stock Class Presented by 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine
SANTA ANA, CA, December 5th, 2011 – ProMedia, parent company of the NMRA Ford Nationals all-Ford series, has announced a new heads-up drag racing class for the 2012 NMRA Keystone Automotive Ford Nationals season. Strange Engineering Coyote Stock Presented by 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine will be a spec-engine class, utilizing a sealed version of Ford’s newest powerplant, the 5.0-liter DOHC “Coyote” motor (carrying the unique part number M-6007-M50S) and utilize a spec, sealed processor (CM-12A650-A5LA). The class will be open to all Ford vehicles, 1954 model-year and newer, and each competitor will be required to weigh-in at the same 3200 pounds. Competitors will compete on a true 10.5-inch tire and have a choice of a wide variety of Ford OE and TREMEC manual transmissions utilizing a single-disc diaphragm clutch, or can use the venerable C4 automatic transmission.
The crux of Coyote Stock’s formation was to provide an affordable way for both rookie and veteran drivers to be competitive in a heads-up class without having to undertake an involved, expensive engine program. “Coyote Stock is a great way to return race cars to the track with an affordable engine package. It speaks to the original spirit of NMRA racing,” said Jesse Kershaw, Drag Racing and Competition Manager at Ford Racing, “The Coyote engine is about half the cost of a competitive Factory Stock engine and about one third the price of a Pure Street engine. It also requires far less maintenance.”
Already, racers are embracing the class, with cars being pulled apart in preparation of dropping a Coyote between the rails. “I’ve got a couple cars in my shop getting ready for [Coyote Stock]. I’m looking forward to that build process, actually,” said noted Pure Street racer Steve Gifford. “I’m looking forward to seeing all the different cars and builds. I think we’ll have a CobraJet or two in the class, and possibly a Maverick. The beauty of this class is that as far as equipment goes, the performance difference between cars will be nothing that can’t be made up on the tree and with decent driving.”
For more information of the development of the class, check out the January 2012 issue of Race Pages Magazine, and for the preliminary rules visit [ame=http://www.nmradigital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107431]Preliminary 2012 Coyote Stock rules - NMRA Ford Nationals Series Forum[/ame].
Strange Engineering has over 40 years of manufacturing experience in the performance industry. Strange has grown from creating products inside a two-car garage in the late 1950s to an industry-leading driveline, suspension, and brake manufacturing company housed on a 120,000 square-foot site. The family owned business is still based on principles the company was founded on quality product, quality service and a true enthusiasm for the performance industry.

Users who are viewing this thread