Coyote auto x video

KILRSVT

Established Member
Hey guys I've been dealing with this thing left to right . I feel that I'm just starting to get it figured out. In stock form the car would push then snap oversteer , it was hard to get it to rotate . I feel it's starting to unwind finally but there's is still much room for improvement , both suspension and driver wise . Here is a video of my current set up ..... Eibach r2 coil overs #350 front springs , front MM 36mm adjustable sway bar set up at the firmest setting 2.5 degree of camber , rear springs are #450 no rear sway bar MM adjustable pan hard rod , steeda adjustable upper control arm . Nitto nt05 275 all around on 19" 331 gears and off road mid pipe and tune

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/gab-SKdObCU

Sent from my iPhone

Feel free to comment and provide driving tips there some cones I felt I should be on the backside of them .... There's always next time

v-towncoupe

You should ask your fellow autoxer's for at the events. That is where i got some of my best advice.

once im re-assembled we'll probably cross paths at one of these local events.

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
I do , then after 2 months of doing nothing but work I forget lol . You should stop by and say what's up .

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Driving looked good man. Nice and aggressive not afraid to get into it and quick to react. I tried to pay attention to your head movement while you drove and it seemed like you were looking a few steps ahead. Only thing I could possibly say is more tire haha those 275s are screaming. What pressure are you running?

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Although I've been told you want 8 psi less in the rear compared to the front

You might try upping the pressure. Tires dont really get hot at auto x so need to up the pressure a little. Might try 40 in the front 38 in the back next time.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I'll try that next time for now it's just working and waiting ..... Nothing going on till next year

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
If I were you I would back down on that rear spring rate and put a bar back on (Stranoparts 22mm adjustable rear). I would probably start with a 300 lb rear spring and the 22mm rear Strano bar. Also, get rid of the panhard rod and get a Fayes Watts link. The reason for the lower spring rate for the rear is to help weight transfer. Weight transfer helps put power down. Also, this is just a tip, the S197 does not like rear rebound (not sure where yours it at). I find when you add to much rear rebound the car tends to be pushy (back to the weight transfer concept again, high rear rebound resists the shock and therefore resists weight transfer from rear to front. Also, on street tires (defined in my book by anything with a tread wear greater than 60) that car is always going to be pushy.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I can't tell you how better the car feels with no rear bar . I have very little rebound and barely any compression in the back and the car is very neutral if anything it is a little bit of a bank robber set up (oversteer) the car is very flat due to the massive front bar and I upgraded to bfgoodrich rivals which are petty awesome . If the car had a Torsen or a trutrac I would do a bar but for a car with a clutch pack or locker no bar is the way to go . Different strokes for different folks so far this set up is the one for me

Users who are viewing this thread