coyote 5.0 in an SN-95 cobra??

CamCobra10

Established Member
In the process of buying aluminator 5.0 s/c and other misc. Parts to put in my 96 cobra...already setup with lentech 4r70w, built rear, fuel system, built rear, and a ysi.....haven't seen anything close to what i'm going to be doing yet in my bodystyle

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
My buddy just bought a aluminator 5.0 for his 2011 and he gave me the old motor... I'm working on the research to put it in my cobra! So far it looks to be a pain in that ass! I have read some drivability issues... Put most of those look to be install errors. Luckly the shop that I take my car to sometimes have done a few of these swaps and I'm friends with the owner... So we will see how it goes!

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
a guy at the american muscle show, put 5.0 in a new edge.

2012-08-12_13-07-37_882.gif

2012-08-12_13-07-26_798.gif

2012-08-12_13-07-33_372.gif

Charizard

Established Member
So glad this motor comes stock, waiting for the inevitable flood of rolled cars lol.

Soon to be cheaper than a terminator motor I bet.

Good times for swapping

jarryd2018

Established Member
I've been trying to do a little research on this. I'm wanting to drop one in a 96-98 v6 car for a dd. the swap looks super easy, I'm just wondering about the power steering and ac and how easy it will be to keep those functioning perfectly. I'm wanting a comfortable 400 rwhp daily so I can go wild with my 5.4 car and boost the crap out of it and strip the interior.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
94 Cobra 5.0 Coyote

I completed the swap in November of 2012. It took two people, a lift, and 7 days to complete the swap.(and alot of beer). I drove the old pushrod 5.0 in and drove the car out with a 5.0 coyote. Best swap out there in my opionion. I have had zero problems and have made over 20 drag stip runs. I also try to drive it almost every day. If there is any questions, Please let me know. Numbers are in my sig.

ba#97

Established Member
I completed the swap in November of 2012. It took two people, a lift, and 7 days to complete the swap.(and alot of beer). I drove the old pushrod 5.0 in and drove the car out with a 5.0 coyote. Best swap out there in my opionion. I have had zero problems and have made over 20 drag stip runs. I also try to drive it almost every day. If there is any questions, Please let me know. Numbers are in my sig.

how much did it all end up costing you? are you running power steering and brakes? I am seriously considering doing this if it is as easy at people say. I have a 95 cobra setup for road course and would love the power. lol. Maximum Motorsports makes a k-member for it I know I would get. what all did you need to do the swap?

Users who are viewing this thread