Couples therapy at Thermal Raceway (vid)

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It was a fun weekend for #Racewife and #TrophyHusband both :)

Christine, running a mere 1.1 secs off the best pro time of the day in a 458CH:

... and yours truly, running 1.0 secs off the all time lap record for the circuit -- set by a Daytona 24hr winner in a different GT3 car

We'll be back.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Hey Ben... I noticed you have been using that vbox overlay for awhile. I was wondering how you like it compared to other brands. If you could recommend it, what model/version are you using?

Nice lap times, btw. When I go back and watch my videos of the Hellcat on the track, it looks like I'm not moving compared to how fast you two are going. Love to watch them. Thanks for sharing.

MFE

Established Member
**** me running.

It is nice to hear RaceWife balancing the car with the throttle in corners. She'd drivin' it.

89BIRD

Established Member
Just amazed that the tach (vbox) starts at three grand.................(simple minds are easily amused).

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The 488 looks like it's being fast forwarded. That's an insane car.

Great lines by the both of you, as always. In the 458, after the back straight, she treats it like a late apex, but you ran it as a double. Was that on purpose?

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I bet Ben forgot to poop before he raced. Every little bit helps on the stage 3 weight reduction strategy. Bet that would have shaved a second off that final lap to capture the record.

Many a record has been shattered by a good track poop.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
In the 458, after the back straight, she treats it like a late apex, but you ran it as a double. Was that on purpose?

Yes, there were two lines which work in that corner and we had not yet looked at the data to decide which was faster. The late apex approach keeps more mid-corner speed but follows a longer arc; the double-apex worked better for trail-braking but had a lower minimum speed.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Ridiculous.

I assumed the first video was a faster car since miles per hour is inherently more manly than kph.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Damn straight. 'Merica!!

MFE

Established Member
Yes, there were two lines which work in that corner and we had not yet looked at the data to decide which was faster. The late apex approach keeps more mid-corner speed but follows a longer arc; the double-apex worked better for trail-braking but had a lower minimum speed.

But which one took less time?

Users who are viewing this thread