Coupe springs in my vert. Anyone have pics?????

86caprirs

Established Member
The previous owner cut the stock vert coils on my car and the rear sits so low that when I run over a twig on the road, my wheels rub where the rear wheel lip of the bumper is contacted by the tire. So last week I picked up a set of coupe springs (uncut) for my car. Now I read a few posts where guys have cut 3/4 of a coil off the springs before installing them into the car for a nice stance. I tried to look at the pics that were posted of the ride heights after the coupe springs were put in the verts, but the pics are no good. So I was wondering before I went to all the work to install the springs in my car then have to pull them out to modify, does anyone have pics of the stock coupe springs in there convertible cut or not? Also how much you cut from the spring too?

Thanks guys.
Shane

03' White Snake

Established Member
Go to the "how to section" and look for "cut stock springs" in the titles. You will have both your questions answered.

86caprirs

Established Member
I installed the rear coupe coils today. What a pain to put back together. I had to use a tranny jack and two ratchet straps to get the rear subframe bolted back in. So with the coupe springs in, I have 2-3/4" gap between the face of the tire and the wheel lip. The ride in the rear is pretty stiff. In the front I have a 1-3/4" gap so I want to lower the rear an 1".

I will check out the thread White Snake.

Users who are viewing this thread