COUNTDOWN FOR MAM

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
I have to get off this PC and pack the "box". I can't wait to meet ya'll. Leaving out Wed. 3PM. Should be there Thur. eve. Just a few more days 'til track time and ultimate fun.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra R Man
I have to get off this PC and pack the "box". I can't wait to meet ya'll. Leaving out Wed. 3PM. Should be there Thur. eve. Just a few more days 'til track time and ultimate fun.

Gene,

I know what you mean. I am also leaving town Wednesday morning and it looks like Joe Johnson are going to try and hook up Wednesday night and drive on in Thursday together. Andy, I am sure you could easily follow Joe and all three of us could hook up.

It IS going to be a blast.

I still need to hook up a tach in the car and clean it. I am still loaded from Tulsa in June as far as my trailer goes.

Anyone else got any last-minute projects being completed on their car? I know Kevin still doesn't have his rear-end figured out yet.:p If someone was closer maybe they could help Kevin with his rear-end. :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
I am all loaded and ready to go. I am going to Brainerd,mn monday to run thier 3.0 mile course, so I may have to get some new tires mounted between then and thursday. Can't wait!!!!

Brian

Andy M

Established Member
I have a new set of Hoosiers mounted and ready just in case I can make it. All I have to do is load up the trailer and winch up #155 inside and I am good to go?... I won't know for certain till Monday though?? keeping my fingers crossed??????? :D :)

kevin

Re: Re: COUNTDOWN FOR MAM

Originally posted by tomshep

It IS going to be a blast.

I still need to hook up a tach in the car and clean it.
QUOTE]

not sure why you need to clean the tach, but what ever trips your clock

:lol:

wait, that's brian with the clock:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kevin

Re: Re: COUNTDOWN FOR MAM

Originally posted by tomshep

Anyone else got any last-minute projects being completed on their car? I know Kevin still doesn't have his rear-end figured out yet.:p If someone was closer maybe they could help Kevin with his rear-end. :lol: :lol:

let me clarify, it's the car's rear end (not mine:nonono: :nonono: :lol: :lol: )

if only i had a good friend to stop by:(

kevin

btw, i may be having some family come up friday from kansas city. they would like rides (after the track tour given by brian):lol: :lol: :lol:

kevin

Originally posted by Andy M
Kev,

Is Bubba gonna be ready in time for MAM, or what?

just spent the last 3 hours putting the diff in, installing new half-shafts (glad to have a big air compressor and air tools. btw, it's a 36mm socket to take the axle nut off, which really isn't a nut), front and rear pads, drive shaft, and exhaust. fluids are next.

andy, mine is the only car left with a "bubba" on it.:beer:

still gotta finish up and test drive it. tomorrow is the 29th wed annivesary so what i don't get done today will have to wait for monday. wed am i leave.:thumbsup:

Andy M

Established Member
Guys,

Well, I am one step closer to being able to make the trip?.. my wife said "maybe" today when I asked her??? She has some stuff planned on Monday and she is nervous I won't be back in time? So, IF I do go, I will have to leave early Sunday morning. But that still leaves all day Friday and Saturday!?!!!?!!

kevin

Guys,

Well, I am one step closer to being able to make the trip?.. my wife said "maybe" today when I asked her??? She has some stuff planned on Monday and she is nervous I won't be back in time? So, IF I do go, I will have to leave early Sunday morning. But that still leaves all day Friday and Saturday!?!!!?!!

we promise to have fun fri and sat and kick your butt out sun am

print this out for your wife and use it as a note from the track hounds. our promise is as good as a corded tire from brian at mam:lol: :lol: :lol: :beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Well, made it back from Brainerd. It was a F body club event, boy did they do a heck of a job. Got just about 200 track miles on the car today, and hit a personal goal of takeing turn 1 and not dropping below 130 mph......what a rush. Here's a pic, turn 1 is at the end of the long straight away at the top of the pic. http://www.aarrf.com/general/images/bir_aerial_large.jpg
Now, on to MAM. :D

Brian

ps. I only corded two tires today. :beer:

Last edited:

svo_dave

Established Member
What do you guys think of MAM. The VP of the track let me run out there for free, got about 40 laps in, but turn 14 I can't get figured out, I always jack that one up, thank god when I went off track there were no trees like blackhawk, but that happened only once:thumbsup:. It was sweet though, gaining on mustangs in a focus, and the VP was beside himself that my car would hit 115 in the straight, thats probably not much for you guys, but it was enough for me.

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
TURN 1

Originally posted by Cobra-R
Well, made it back from Brainerd. It was a F body club event, boy did they do a heck of a job. Got just about 200 track miles on the car today, and hit a personal goal of takeing turn 1 and not dropping below 130 mph......what a rush. Here's a pic, turn 1 is at the end of the long straight away at the top of the pic. http://www.aarrf.com/general/images/bir_aerial_large.jpg

Brian

What a set of cahonna's.

kevin

Originally posted by Cobra-R

Brian

glad ya made it back and had fun.

you are still the high bidder for the hawk brake pads:eek: :lol:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Guys,

That sounds like a done deal to me. See you at MAM.

Tom

Stanger58

Established Member
Brian: Sounds like you showed some Stang tail-lights to those Minnesota F-body guys... way to go!! Yeah, turn 1 at BIR is a hoot, but how did you do on the FLAT turn 2?? And, oh yeah, turn 9...heading under the bridge gets your attention, too! BTW, have you gotten any more Minnesota guys interested in coming down?

And geeze Kevin, I didn't know these guys "cared" so much about your "rear end"!!! Safe travels to you... and you'd better be watching your "rear bumper" around these guys!! LOL...

Tom Shep and all ya Texas guys: safe travels to you... be safe out there (it's MUCH more dangerous on the roads than it is on the track!!).

Early weather forecast: highs in the upper 80s... upper 60s at night... and just a 30% chance of liquid sunshine on Sunday....

Looking forward to seeing and runnin' with y'all this weekend.

See y'all Friday evening!

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Stanger58

Tom Shep and all ya Texas guys: safe travels to you... be safe out there (it's MUCH more dangerous on the roads than it is on the track!!).

Early weather forecast: highs in the upper 80s... upper 60s at night... and just a 30% chance of liquid sunshine on Sunday....

Looking forward to seeing and runnin' with y'all this weekend.

See y'all Friday evening!
Jeff,

So true!!

I hope to be able to make it to MAM?... can't let you guys have all the fun?!! Plus, I can't let Brian and Kevin be the only ones out there cording Hoosiers?!! They DO need some moral support....:bash: :rollseyes ;-) :lol:

kevin

thanks for the "clarifications":lol: jeff

you drive safe as well.

DELIMA i took the truck in to have its front brakes looked at (something went terribly wrong on the last trip home when i hit the brakes it pulled hard to the left).

i was supposed to have the truck back yesterday and it looks like i won't have it back in time for the mam trip.

here's the question for you all. should i use a friends dodge ram or not come at all???? the only reason i ask is that i don't want to fall in the duraweezer crowd (afterall, the dodge is only a step or two above the duradumper).:( :(

Users who are viewing this thread