Costco Membership

hoamskilet

Established Member
We've got a Costco opening up near us in a couple weeks. Any thoughts on if it's worth it or not? We have a family of 4.....

nxhappy

Established Member
mainly for like ass wipe, beer, soda, garbage bags, frozen foods, etc..... it's really easy to blow money there. and then you start buying TVs and shit you don't need LOL. Vacation packages.....oh look over there ..... then you buy something stupid random you will NEVER use. And then after all that, you go to the bakery for some slices of pizza along with a chicken bread sandwich (****ing amazing BTW)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Yes. Buy as much there as I can. Electronics there are amazing. Purchased a Panasonic plasma there. Price dropped $100 10 weeks later and they gave my that discount. There return policy is tops!

Food there is good and high quality. I easily save 10 times there that I pay for the membership every year. Not to mention gas is 10 cents cheaper a gallon.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
The novelty wears off after 15 years or so. The long check out lines finally did us in. Variety is more appreciated, once we broke away.

Blown 89

Established Member
It's worth it for the gas savings alone. Their fruit as frozen vegetable prices are really good too and the quality of both are outstanding.

If you shop there right before they close either during the week or on Sundays there aren't any lines.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I like em. Can save a lot.

Just remember they sell perishable items like you have a family of 4. So, if you don't eat a lot of something that has a short half life, it might be better to buy it from a traditional grocery store.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
My last Costco membership ended like this:

At Costco....
Wife: We need parmesean cheese.
Me: Ok, here is a 64oz tub of it.
Wife: We dont need that much. Why dont they sell a small container?
Me: Cause they sell in bulk. Come on, we can easily use this much in a year(expiration date was 1 year away). Ill bet we get done by December with as much pasta as we eat.
Wife: Its ridiculous but whatever....ill take that bet.
We buy the large tub.

Fast forward 1 year...
Wife: You lost the bet.
Me: What bet?
Wife: The bet you made with me about eating the tub-o-parm cheese.
Me: We still have that tub?
Wife: Exactly.....

And that is how i havent been back to Costco and our membership expired....

Worth it if you need ALOT of something that you use very often. Not worth it for things that go bad quickly.
Diapers, shit tickets, shampoo, deodorant....etc.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Love Costco. Cheap gas, good products, food while you shop, etc. The trick is to get there the first hour they're open, no long lines that way.

I've never ever had a BAD steak from Costco and they have the best roast beef.

There's a way to read the item number code too to tell you if they're gonna lower the price of the item, stop selling it, etc...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I def use my Costco membership. Having a Food Saver vacuum sealer (which I bought at Costco) really helps. We seal a freeze steaks and save a ton.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I rarely go to a regular store. I buy almost everything at Costco. Great meat Dept, best warranty on electronics. Fuel at great pricing, and with my Costco visa I get back about $300-400 a year

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
It's not worth it.

When I looked at what you get with Amazon Prime vs Costco, prices are the same and one ships to your door/no lines. The other doesn't and you have to deal with the mass public in spending in excess.

Plus with prime I get all the other benefits, and pricing is not necessarily tied to membership- just convenience.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
It's not worth it.

When I looked at what you get with Amazon Prime vs Costco, prices are the same and one ships to your door/no lines. The other doesn't and you have to deal with the mass public in spending in excess.

Plus with prime I get all the other benefits, and pricing is not necessarily tied to membership- just convenience.

There's only so much stuff that can be guaranteed shipped fresh

For a family it's worth it

FJohnny

Established Member
There is a feeling out there that people who are not Costco members live a sad and unfulfilled life. Fact check shows this to be 94% accurate.

When googling this I was hit with many sites that suggest a no risk way to find out if Costco is for you. Get a person you know to purchase a Costco 'CashCard' (their equivalent of a gift card). Anyone can use these without a membership card. If you are happier and more fulfilled you can then get your buddy to buy you more and bigger cash cards or man up and get a membership.

Personally, I like Costco more than one of my dogs but quite a bit less than the other one. So, for me Costco is well worth it. I would go there even if they didn't have the food samples but I'm glad they have them.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
See I found food prices and all to be relatively close to some of the other places local to us.
I meant to say can't be guaranteed, I was thinking more along the lines of fresh produce. I know I'd personally like to buy stuff like that there and then.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Just make sure it is all you use and you will realize it is better. Meat is good.

You will also find other deals. For example, I was just in the market for tires. I never would have thought Costco carried name brands, walking through there I see a sign, something along the lines of "buy four Michelin, get instant $70 and an additional $60 if on Costco card." It just so happened the tires I wanted, the best, were Michelin's and were 210$ a pop retail. With the tires, tax, etc, that is around $900. With the money back, payed $770. So I got them tax free and discounted at the end of the day. No place could have matched that deal.

08mojo

Established Member
There's not enough savings on any good to ge me to shop at Costco where I live. There are 3 Costco's within 10 miles of me and they are always packed--always. I've been twice, and that was enough for me. It's absolute chaos on every square inch of the Costco property inside and out.

Users who are viewing this thread