Cost to have MM Full Length Subframe Connectors INSTALLED? (Need ball-park figures)

blue88mustang

Established Member
Just trying to figure out the approximate cost of having some Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors installed on my 03 Cobra.

Anyone have any problems after these have been installed (assuming a DRIVE ON LIFT was used)?

Any warranty implications?

WDW MKR

Established Member
Anywhere from $35 to $250. Seriously, some shops like to bend people over and treat it as if top secret welding techniques are required. The best thing to do is find a muffler shop that specializes in performance exhaust. They will likely have done them before, and will only charge $35-50. That's exactly what I did, and the guy did a bang-up job. Just don't go to Joe's Exhaust, where they only deal with your average work car exhaust.

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: I paid $130 for a drive-on lift job on full-length MM's. From what I have read over time on this forum, that is about an average price.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Subframes on these cars is a labor intensive job for any mechanic. Generally takes 3+ hours to do the job right. I would say $150 to $200 is a decent price for a job well done. I wouldn't let someone that doesn't have experience in this area do it on my Cobra. We're fortunate that we have two excellent mechanics (both SVTPers) to install them for the MACA.

Last edited:

blue88mustang

Established Member
IronTerp said:
Subframes on these cars is a labor intensive job for any mechanic. Generally takes 3+ hours to do the job right. I would say $150 to $200 is a decent price for a job well done I wouldn't let someone that doesn't have experience in this area do it on my Cobra. We're fortuante that we have two excellent mechanics (both SVTPers) to install them for the MACA.

And FWIW, it appears that the new MM "XL" Full Length connectors are a bit more involved than the previous connectors.

$150 - $200 seems reasonable to me for an experienced shop with a drive on lift.

Any potential warranty issues due to having SFC's installed?

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Established Member
I think it's crazy to pay $200 for a FLSFC install, but I guess it's worth what you're willing to pay. I paid $35 and the welds are great. He had done them several times, before. He has since stopped doing them b/c of excessive demand effecting his exhaust work.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
WDW MKR said:
I think it's crazy to pay $200 for a FLSFC install, but I guess it's worth what you're willing to pay. I paid $35 and the welds are great. He had done them several times, before. He has since stopped doing them b/c of excessive demand effecting his exhaust work.
WM, you were fortunate to find someone competent in a muffler shop to do them for that price.......But, the vast majority of muffler shops do not have qualified mechanics to do this install and there aren't many welders anywhere that are going to do the job for $11.66 an hour. It's certainly not rocket science to weld them on, but I would think that most of us would feel more comfortable having someone weld these on that specializes in this type of work.

You got an outstanding deal, but it's not typical for FLSC installations.

WDW MKR

Established Member
IronTerp said:
WM, you were fortunate to find someone competent in a muffler shop to do them for that price.......But, the vast majority of muffler shops do not have qualified mechanics to do this install and there aren't many welders anywhere that are going to do the job for $11.66 an hour. It's certainly not rocket science to weld them on, but I would think that most of us would feel more comfortable having someone weld these on that specializes in this type of work.

You got an outstanding deal, but it's not typical for FLSC installations.

$11.66 an hour? It does not take that long to install them. Maybe for someone who has never done a set, I guess. He was done in about an hour. I do admit that it was a good deal. Still, I cannot see paying more than $100.

CWD

Established Member
$80.00

Plus torque box reinforcements. Professionally done!

Users who are viewing this thread