Corvette Z06 says checkmate to GT500

DepWraith

Established Member
Who was your insider again? Oh yeah poof an imaginary friend. I’m not angry I’m laughing at you honestly. You were the laughing stock of that thread. Apparently I understand more than you and trust more reliable sources than your so called source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care who you laugh at and just because you don't know someone doesn't make them imaginary, lol.

Again, I pointed out a very reliable source that was wrong about a specific item and you still trust them and want to argue with me about facts I've posted in this thread that you are unable to prove as false....makes sense.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It's 270 pounds heavier...that's not a lot to me for a platform change.

The GT500 is 690 pounds heavier than a C8...that's a lot to me.
690?
In 2003 it was 3650lbs. Today it’s 4250. That’s is 600lbs in 17 years.
The c8 is about 500lbs heavier than the c6z06. Again why don’t you complain if the vette gaining weight?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I don't care who you laugh at and just because you don't know someone doesn't make them imaginary, lol.

Again, I pointed out a very reliable source that was wrong about a specific item and you still trust them and want to argue with me about facts I've posted in this thread that you are unable to prove as false....makes sense.
Your very reliable source was wrong 100 times over on the GT500. Why should anyone trust you again.

You can believe what you want but please don’t pass any info you have as fact!
Road and track said the 03 mach 1 had an iron block after driving it. This was wrong. You’re not the first to post wrong info. You won’t be the last.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

I trust @DBK a helluva lot more than you. You not only claimed TT, announcements, unveiling’s etc. When you got called out your friend died, you’re probably just bitching about the new one because you can’t obtain one or you were wrong. Both the C8 and new GT500’s are awesome machines it’s awesome times to be a gear head. Keep bitching about weight but both would lay waste to your Shelby.

DepWraith

Established Member
Your very reliable source was wrong 100 times over on the GT500. Why should anyone trust you again.

You can believe what you want but please don’t pass any info you have as fact!
Road and track said the 03 mach 1 had an iron block after driving it. This was wrong. You’re not the first to post wrong info. You won’t be the last.

Yet you act like I am, lol.

DepWraith

Established Member
I trust @DBK a helluva lot more than you. You not only claimed TT, announcements, unveiling’s etc. When you got called out your friend died, you’re probably just bitching about the new one because you can’t obtain one or you were wrong. Both the C8 and new GT500’s are awesome machines it’s awesome times to be a gear head. Keep bitching about weight but both would lay waste to your Shelby.

No, I passed along that he had passed before anything was wrong. Frankly I don't care if you believe me or not.

I didn't say they weren't awesome, I just said for the price the GT500 is disappointing to me, especially with the reveal of the C8. Can't help but think that Ford is kicking themselves in the butt for delaying the release and having to deal with the C8 during it.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
No, I passed along that he had passed before anything was wrong. Frankly I don't care if you believe me or not.

I didn't say they weren't awesome, I just said for the price the GT500 is disappointing to me, especially with the reveal of the C8. Can't help but think that Ford is kicking themselves in the butt for delaying the release and having to deal with the C8 during it.
Are you kaneda?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Don't be angry, it's okay you don't understand that auto projects being developed over years change. What ever happened to those fender vents a VERY RELIABLE SOURCE on here said were a sure thing? Things change, but your bias remains the same.

Don't lump me in with your "misgivings."

Regarding the vents, nobody, including me, ever said they were a "sure thing." The reality is that they were considered in no less than three iterations but ultimately abandoned. I'm not the only one on this site that knows what happened with them.

Possible-2019-GT500-Mule-Spotted-with-Fender-Arch-Vents-Gills+2.jpg

Chris Stevens showed them in his original sketches.

Z%20Chris%20Stevens%20sketch%20TOB-L.jpg

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Don't be angry, it's okay you don't understand that auto projects being developed over years change. What ever happened to those fender vents a VERY RELIABLE SOURCE on here said were a sure thing? Things change, but your bias remains the same.
I don’t have original time stamps but your info went like this...
3 years ago DBK said you were wrong.
2 years ago DBK said you were wrong
Last year DBK said you were wrong.

Things did not change. You were wrong because nothing you said was planned, nothing you stated was being tested.
He was correct because Ford was testing the GT500 in its current form(blown 5.2 with 7 DCT) from 2015 until today.

The mind boggling thing is, he had this all time stamped and quoted with his original correct statements years before the info came out and your made up statements and you still won’t admit you were wrong!

Maybe we should post that again?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread