Corvette to become its own brand?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
would be interesting if it was a legit thought, they went mid engine so...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The new C8 Vette has evolved so much that I don't even think "Chevy" when I see one. I see a "Corvette". Saw one at the local post office yesterday (Rapid Blue) and chatted briefly with the owner. He's only had it for 3 months and loves the "beast". How could you not! As he drove away, the sound of it changing gears in under 100 milliseconds was totally bad ass. They have one hell of a DCT!

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I’d say it’s a good way to get around upcoming ICE requirements except there’s already talk of the benefit of putting in a raw electric powered American super car. Similar in on how the Hummer is going to be.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
The new C8 Vette has evolved so much that I don't even think "Chevy" when I see one. I see a "Corvette". Saw one at the local post office yesterday (Rapid Blue) and chatted briefly with the owner. He's only had it for 3 months and loves the "beast". How could you not! As he drove away, the sound of it changing gears in under 100 milliseconds was totally bad ass. They have one hell of a DCT!
I will most likely dump my Shelby for a C8. I’d like a Z06, but that is stupid expensive….

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wouldn't surprise me.

Ford is planning to have:

Ford Blue
Ford EV
Bronco
Mustang

Taking after the CDJR franchises.

Sent from my Potato

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it looks a lot like a 2011 Lotus Evora

proxy-image

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Wouldn't surprised me, it's so different than all other Chevys. Would be far less lame than what Dodge did with the Ram.

Makes me laugh when people correct someone about their Ram as if it's still not a Dodge. Please guy, Chrysler has done this forever with badge engineered cars that are otherwise nearly exactly the same besides said badging. They even had a Dodge Neon AND a Plymouth Neon at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread