Corvette C8 Interior Shot

Z06

Established Member
E22ED6A7-32AD-47C0-8409-9F0769807178.png

Vert!

Z06

Established Member
E6DF6ED1-9633-4804-950B-8ED4E9AEDA89.jpeg

Could this be the active aero that was patented? Maybe on the Z variants? Very cool videos Chevy has posted on their website.

My94GT

Established Member
I’m really looking forward to seeing these in person. I’ll be hard pressed not to look into a C8Z when they are released. As much as I lust for a Gen V viper, I think this may be a car that ends up at home.

Swine

Established Member
That is some very solid hp out of the 6.2l pushrod mill, you guys are nuts. Its the base engine, you know like grandpa wanted a fancy sports car before he dies so he gets a 500hp corvette, oh yeah its a base model. Should slay some mpg as well, which is nothing more then a talking point when it comes to sports cars but fun to consider.

Counter point: i bet chevy has an interesting road ahead trying to get more power into this chassis. Without serious driver aids, other high hp mid engine rwd cars can be a handful to manager. Cooling will be a bigger challenge then in then C7z's, perhaps they go N/A again with displacement and rev range increase? These would keep tq more manageable on the street and track and utilize the upper rev range for performance.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'm really curious to know how big the Corvette team's operating budget is in comparison to some of the other popular supercar manufacturers, like McLaren. I bet the difference is massive.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Just watched the whole reveal instead of the highlights. Sub 3’s for 0-60, mid engine and under 60k for the base. Love it or hate it, GM and Corvette just shit on everyone. Lol

I’m curious what upper trims will do. I’m gonna lmao if they best the Ford GT.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
After seeing pics of the C8.R, i had a feeling the regular c8 was going to look good. I look forward to seeing the C8.R next year. Gonna see the C7.R for the last time at laguna seca in september.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I'm really curious to know how big the Corvette team's operating budget is in comparison to some of the other popular supercar manufacturers, like McLaren. I bet the difference is massive.

Their real advantage is their scale and capability to in-house produce as much of the car as possible, vs. outsource it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Their real advantage is their scale and capability to in-house produce as much of the car as possible, vs. outsource it.

I'm just blown away by the amount of change, amount of content, amount of class leading tech, and then the starting cost. Just blows me away how they can manage that, but it is because it is GM and they have massive amounts of resources that only a manufacture of their size can do.

Recon

Established Member
I’ve beaten several dead horses with this, but it drives me nuts that Ford has had no competitor to the Corvette, let alone the C8.
Ford had a competitor but it was only a competitor for about 3 years, then they ****ed it up.

Pick your poison.

blk02edge

Established Member
Just watched the whole reveal instead of the highlights. Sub 3’s for 0-60, mid engine and under 60k for the base. Love it or hate it, GM and Corvette just shit on everyone. Lol

I’m curious what upper trims will do. I’m gonna lmao if they best the Ford GT.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Well considering Ford are a bunch of lame ass Homers the C7Zr1 has the GT beat. Id love to see Ford put in the same effort to lap records but they just dont care. So... I would confidently say the C8Z will beat the GT

Verde

Established Member
Oh... interior looks crappy. The vatozone mounted iPad looks way out of place. Should have been integrated into the design of the dashboard.... also that train of buttons exploding from the dashboard looks like puke. Almost looks like a concept interior.

I'm pretty sure that row of buttons covers an additional brace they needed after the frame kept twisting on the test mules. There must be a real reason to have the abomination front and center...

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford had a competitor but it was only a competitor for about 3 years, then they ****ed it up.

Pick your poison.

I was going to say that they do have a competitor but it is for the previous generation. You watch, the 2028 GT500 should give the base 2019 C8 a hell of a run for its money.

Recon

Established Member
I was going to say that they do have a competitor but it is for the previous generation. You watch, the 2028 GT500 should give the base 2019 C8 a hell of a run for its money.

I was referring to the first gen thunderbird. As the thunderbird was originally intended to be a corvette competitor but they ****ed up the car in 58.
I agree on the comparison with the stingray, but when the big brothers come out to play it’ll be game over.

Pick your poison.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Waiting for MotorTrend to do a comparison between this car and the GT. o_O

Clearly this car is in a whole different class than the current Mustang platform.

E

99BOSS

Established Member
Overall I think its an impressive package and for the price point, you cant beat it. Looks great everywhere except the rear end again. Looks like a Camaro and Fiero bumped pee pee's and this is the result. Im sure GM will sell every one of them and then some even though Id be reluctant to grab this first year, you know there will be some bugs that get addressed for the following year. Future variants like a Z or ZR1 could be rediculous. However, if I want mid engine, Im holding out for a 488 or F8 down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread