Corsa Sport Quads Vs. GT500 Quads VIDEO

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I know a bunch of you have been dying to get me to make a video of my (now old) exhaust setup, so I did...kinda.

Got some new Corsa Sport GT500 quads installed and did a before and after video.

Old Setup: ARH 1 7/8th longtubes, ARH o/r x pipe, Lethal OAP, GT500 quads

New Setup: Replaced the quad GT500s with the Corsa Sport quads.

I originally wanted the Black Diamond Corsas but after finally seeing them, I was disappointed in the level of the oxidized look I thought they would have.

[video=youtube;yQaypwjsTG0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQaypwjsTG0[/video]

Mean & Aggressive. But still daily drivable.

Warmed up at idle, it has similar noise levels as the OEM GT500 quads but deeper in tone. Nice and subtle at cruise and quieter than the OEM GT500's at highway speeds (70-80), no drone. But when you give it gas it comes alive! Nice sophisticated sound over the GT500's, louder and definity meaner when getting on it! These sound and look great and the increase in exhaust noise and unique tone will no doubt have people looking your way! Love them so far!

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Tips look awesome. TBH I can't tell much of a difference in the vid but I'm sure in person it sounds quite different

Famine

Established Member
Love both sounds. I'm torn. I love the looks of the corsa, but still somehow like the gt500 sound better. Both sound great though.

RusWolf

Established Member
Nice video and looks great!
I want to do the same !
Do you still have cats on the car?
Can you provide detailed description on how do the black diamond ones look like in person?
I cant find any real pics if they look like black chrome with blueish tint on tip or if they just look mostly plain black?

Thanks!

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Nice video and looks great!
I want to do the same !
Do you still have cats on the car?
Can you provide detailed description on how do the black diamond ones look like in person?
I cant find any real pics if they look like black chrome with blueish tint on tip or if they just look mostly plain black?

Thanks!

Thanks bud.

No cats on the car, I'm running an ARH o/r x pipe.

I was hoping that it would look like the picture I posted in this thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1052350-Black-Diamond-Corsa-Quads
But unfortunately they don't have that oxidized titanium look as much as the picture portrayed.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
The corsa sounds like it is louder but sounds good

justinsstang

Established Member
If only there was a way to put the Corsa looking tips on the GT500 mufflers without devaluing them, and worry about it not fitting like they should. The corsa tips look so good

4barrel

Established Member
...I originally wanted the Black Diamond Corsas but after finally seeing them, I was disappointed in the level of the oxidized look I thought they would have...

Post a picture of what they actually look like if you can please. Thanks in advance.

croppz

Established Member
The Corsas are freakin gorgeous man. It's between those and the Borla S Types for me when I do my exhaust. Going with an O/R H when I do a mid pipe.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words guys. I've had them on for 5-6 days now and love them. Only the third time driving it since install but drove the car to the Wednesday night meets we have here and she spits flames for the first time. Two of my favorite things about them is the deeper tone, and how they are a bit quieter on the highway than the GT500s, even though being louder overall, esp at WOT
:pepper:

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
The corsa sounds good, but I wish I could keep the sound of my OEM quads but have tips like the corsas. I have found a way to weld them on. Every shop I talk to in NC says it impossible create the same look of the corsa/magnaflow/etc tips with the way the OEM outlets are spaced.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Very nice video. One of the best I have ever seen. I liked your car, then I loved it once I saw that blower!

Users who are viewing this thread