Corsa Extreme Muffler with a Pin Hole

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
Just got my Corsa Extreme Cat-Back yesterday and i noticed on one of the mufflers there is a small "punch" hole in it nearest the weld seam closest to the edge.... is this a flaw or a hole to let moisture out? anyone else have this problem? my other muffler doesnt have this issue, only 1. Should i have someone spot weld it so it doesnt leak?

any thoughts or help would be appreciated. I'll have to grab a pic of it later

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
I called Corsa and they also told me it was a moisture hole and sometimes a muffler may miss getting a hole from the machine line and you can punch one yourself if you need to. i am almost thinking of having it closed just to avoid any exhaust leak sounds

scotmach

Established Member
Don't close it up. It's to let moisture out and you'll be glad it's there in a few thousand miles.

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
Thanks guys, i checked my other muffler and it does in fact have a hole in it, i guess i missed it the first time i looked at it, and again corsa confirmed it was a moisture drainage hole

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I remember the 1st batch of roush axlebacks, no moisture hole. I Made my own hole after 6 months of operation and i drained 16 oz's of water from each one..it was a funny thing to see!

Users who are viewing this thread