• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Corbic, Feb 3, 2020.

1. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Vef7h81eAlGmBtKkHZ6iGsbbjTXpx_SFRoeVAl6FMAngQZ0CudrgGAM2VQtBhBwCeDWzMG0P&_nc_ht=scontent.fiws1-1.jpg

Crimson2v, jvandy50, vagrant and 5 others like this.
  2. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Well-Known Member Established Member

I went for doughnuts this morning and some Cuck was standing in line in front of me with a disposable mask on and T-Shirt that said "FAUCI FAN CLUB".

I looked at him and said "Mindless midgets have never had so many fans.. what gives?".

He turned to me and smiled, nodded his head and chuckled in agreement.... basically admitting he had no clue what i was talking about.

The world is full of idiots!

3. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Lol he probably cried in his car afterwards.

4. Double"O"

Double"O" N2S come get some Established Member

Thr bottom right of the screen on the weather channel says

"Covidcane 2020
    Bracing for Disaster"

Lambeau and BOOGIE MAN like this.
  5. thomas91169

thomas91169 # of bans = 5203 Established Member

They dealt with it and are done now. We closed and continue to close stuff and just means we deal with it longer. Eventually herd immunity starts to counter the spread, wonder why NY has almost no cases now? Covid burned out there.

Two ways to deal with this:
    1) don't change your ways, let the virus spread through the community, deal with the deaths for a month or so and when it's done life goes on with minimal economic impact
    2) close up shop aside from deemed services, merely just flattening the infection, and deal with rolling openings and closures for a year if not more, you might have 10-20% lower deaths overall but your economic impact will lead to a far worse death toll from suicides and famines.

6. BOOGIE MAN

BOOGIE MAN Logic and Reason Established Member

Wxchannel is a ****ing joke

Posts and likes are not mine.

03Sssnake, kazman and Lambeau like this.
  7. Booky

Booky Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here? Established Member

8. Hef

Hef Well-Known Member Established Member

Went to the orthopedic surgeon center the other day and they take your temp in the foyer and if there is an "x" on the floor inside, you can go in and wait in line at registration. I go in and go to the "x" and a lady, mid 40's, sitting in a chair by the wall says, "you can't stand there, that is my "x" , I'm sitting because my back hurts." The paramedics in front of me started to say that we are still 6' apart even with me on her "x" and her sitting but they just stopped their statement. I must have been in a good mood that day cuz I didn't tell her to kiss my a$$.
    I'm so tired of all this, call me selfish but I just wanna put a 2.9 and a fuel system on my car this winter.

03Sssnake and 1wild-horse like this.
  9. jsd512

jsd512 Wannabe Ghostbuster Established Member

Bro, I was just about to post this. How many of you dems are wearing your goggles?

10. jsd512

You can take a flying mutha****in leap off a cliff.

11. jsd512

Dems on this forum, do you support forced vaccinations?

12. HEMIHUNTER

HEMIHUNTER Well-Known Member Established Member

If I’m wearing goggles, I’m wearing fins. Not when I’m driving though.Just in stores. Not snorkel goggles either( can’t wear a mask). And don’t worry I won’t be wearing a bathing suit either ( unless I’m at the beach).

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

13. jvandy50

jvandy50 Well-Known Member Established Member

I’m sorry about your grandfather, i work in a nursing home and what the seclusion is doing to these folks should quite literally be criminal. I think people are going to have to sue to get any traction unfortunately. Good luck to him, and your family going forward.

ShelbyGT5HUN likes this.
  14. jsd512

15. VenomVeins

VenomVeins Well-Known Member Established Member

**** that Revenge of the Nerds Skolnick ass mother****er, and while I'm at it, **** Windows too.

Die in a blue screened fire you ****ing dork ass limp wristed pussy.

16. MG0h3

MG0h3 Well-Known Member Established Member

Wear a mask or your breath will infect the whole store!

Here, let me swab your ****ing brain with this 6” long q tip to get a sample.

**** these mother ****ers. I’ll offer to breathe on their q tip and that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03Sssnake likes this.
  17. JAJ

JAJ Active Member Established Member

These are great questions, and I'm going to offer up how we got to where we are in a location that's had fairly good results so far. The BC population is about the same as Louisiana, call it 4.6 million. We've had just over 3,600 cases and 195 deaths. There are currently 5 people in hospital, 2 in ICU. Louisiana, in contrast, has reported 120,000 cases and 4,000 deaths. So, yes, there's a difference.

First, there were lots of steps taken to limit the spread of the virus in Sweden, Canada and Germany. That they didn't make the news in the USA isn't a surprise, but they were swift and the public followed them. Sweden, made famous for their herd immunity strategy, still shut down schools, universities and large gatherings early. Canada has taken a number of measures - where I live, we were "shut down" mid-March. Germany, the same.

What worked in all those places was the public actually acting, without a ton of grumbling, on the advice from public health officials. Where I live, the politicians (and I have to give them credit for this) sat down, shut up and let the public health officer run the briefings and ask (rarely tell) people to act in certain ways. And we did it, and looking at the numbers, it's hard to argue that it didn't work. The Top Doctor Who Aced the Coronavirus Test

Another factor, and this won't be popular, is the stunning benefit of having a public single-payer health care system. They're considered "normal" outside the US, and at times like this, it makes a real difference. When coordinated action is needed, there's only one throat to choke, and things get done quickly, efficiently and effectively.

So, I can't explain what's happening in the USA, but that's how other jurisdictions around the world have kept their numbers down. YMMV.

18. Rb0891

Rb0891 Well-Known Member Established Member

You raise some ok points but have some contradictions. For instance, what did Sweden do that we did not do? Pretty sure large gatherings and schools were shut down here for some time in the spring? You could pick many other areas of equal population that were not nearly heavily as hit as Louisiana. And how did single payer healthcare stop the spread? I could see an argument on treatment and the rationing of supplies, but what does that have to do with disease spread?

Your comments are like something I would see on TV. Some truth sprinkled with bits of worst case comparison and a little BS.

19. jpro

jpro Disoriented Poster Established Member

Very interesting last two posts to this thread by @JAJ and @Rb0891

I think one of the biggest issues, and Fauci brought this up on Friday, is that the US seems determined to handle this in piecemeal fashion rather than having one voice and one authority to set rules/mandates and have everyone conform. Americans are selfish, and we get it directly from our elected leaders. Remember when Trump banned travel to/from China and the Dems screamed racism? Remember when the Federal Government launched its "30 days to slow the spread" campaign and states (leaders) immediately acted like teenagers and said "you can't tell me what to do!" Well, to JAJ's point (and Fauci's), this is why we have rules and mandates that vary widely from state to state and in some cases, county to county and city to city. The outright refusal by local and state governments to follow the lead of the federal government has led to widespread differences. In other words, the US has politicized the pandemic while Germany, Canada, Sweden and others have not. In addition, you have individuals (like a lot of folks on here) who have reacted to mandates the same way the states and local governments have reacted: You can't tell me what to do!

I think another big issue is size and scope of population. It is much easier to get a group of 50 people to conform than a group of 5,000. The population of the countries we are discussing are:

US: 330M
    Germany: 83M
    Sweden: 10M
    Canada: 38M

If you add up the populations of the other 3 the sum is less than half of the population of the US. There is population density in many more areas of the US than in any of these other countries we are comparing ourselves to.

Just some thoughts...

FJohnny and Skitzerman like this.
  20. Rb0891

Rb0891 Well-Known Member Established Member

Somewhat true, but each state is basically the equivalent of a country in Europe. They did not all do the exact same thing, just as our states did not.

And true that we are a reluctant people to mandates. The upside is we would not allow nazis to take over our country like a compliant German citizenry.