Corner Carving, Road Course Racing and general Handling Thread

the5

Established Member
Just picked up a set of ST XTA's Coils! Will report back tomorrow.

liter of cola

Established Member
Yep, we've been putting 11" wheels on the front, and under the stock fenders for some time. Works well and supports a 295-315 tire for the track.

does this only work with an 18" or do 19's and 20's work this wide aswell? also what offset do you run with an 11" up front?

torchred02gt

Established Member
Beefier sways make the car feel more responsive and of course basically eliminate any body roll

Sway bars only band-aid the body roll problem. Spring rate needs to be increased as well. After that the sways become a tuning device to change how the car reacts.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Sway bars only band-aid the body roll problem. Spring rate needs to be increased as well. After that the sways become a tuning device to change how the car reacts.

Thanks guys but if you read the post I was responding to, it was understood the springs were already part of the new suspension. The next step included thicker sways

slick3

Established Member
Bump from the dead!

Just picked up a set of BMR front and rear bars to go with my current Koni yellow/Bmr spring setup. Starting with the front bar in the middle hole at number 3 and the rear bar at the second hole (second softeset) going to give it a go this weekend and see if I can get it dialed in. I have a feeling the front will feel good im just unsure how the car is going to react with my staggered setup in the rear. Time to find out. I will report back with results.

scottmac2000

Established Member
Bump from the dead!

Just picked up a set of BMR front and rear bars to go with my current Koni yellow/Bmr spring setup. Starting with the front bar in the middle hole at number 3 and the rear bar at the second hole (second softeset) going to give it a go this weekend and see if I can get it dialed in. I have a feeling the front will feel good im just unsure how the car is going to react with my staggered setup in the rear. Time to find out. I will report back with results.
Try the last hole - softer setting - in the rear.

Vegas5OH

Established Member
So I have a set of BC coilovers and Eibach swaybars on my car. I have the front swaybar on the middle setting, rear on the firmest. I dont know where to set my dampers exactly I currently have them on 5 clicks front 10 clicks rear. The car still under steers a bit and it seems nothing I do helps. Where should my settings be? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread