Corner Carvers Chime in!!

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Looking to do some Suspension mods in the futer and want to get a feel of what peple have done to their Cobra's. I have an 01' haven't done much but will be going with a set of Koni Reds up from and a set of yellows in the rear in a few months to start. Those mods keep me in stock class for A-Xing. I am going to stock pile and do the major stuff at once so I don't have to change classes with just a few mods and get blow away from the start and have to play catch up..

:burn:

taylorp

Established Member
My sig will give you my version of some basics to do to an 01.

In the near future, I'm seriously considering front/rear strut tower brace, C/C plates, various bushings, possibly K-member brace...I have S/S lines in the back of my car waiting to go in.

Maybe this will help.

Pam:)

slither01

Established Member
See Sig....

I had all the KB stuff installed on the same day, when I picked the car up it was like I was in a totally different car, very noticeable improvement.
I'll probably put some Bilstein's and the KB rear shock tower on it in the future.

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by slither01
See Sig....

I had all the KB stuff installed on the same day, when I picked the car up it was like I was in a totally different car, very noticeable improvement.
I'll probably put some Bilstein's and the KB rear shock tower on it in the future.

Well I have all the KB stuff except the K-member and mines as solid as a rock!

MineralGSVT

Established Member
I'll give a 3rd for the Kenny Brown Performance parts!

Just had a bunch of KB stuff installed (Extreme matrix, supersubs, jacking rails, caster plus plates, STB) As Slither01 said.. The car feels completely different.. alot more solid.

I also threw on some '03 Cobra Bilsteins and they improved the ride quality and make the rear stick much better..

Can't wait to get it on the track next weekend at our SVTOA on track at IRP..

BTW.. Big Daddy.. are you going to make it again this year to the Indy On-Track?? I would love to get another look at that beast!

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by MineralGSVT
I'll give a 3rd for the Kenny Brown Performance parts!

Just had a bunch of KB stuff installed (Extreme matrix, supersubs, jacking rails, caster plus plates, STB) As Slither01 said.. The car feels completely different.. alot more solid.

I also threw on some '03 Cobra Bilsteins and they improved the ride quality and make the rear stick much better..

Can't wait to get it on the track next weekend at our SVTOA on track at IRP..

BTW.. Big Daddy.. are you going to make it again this year to the Indy On-Track?? I would love to get another look at that beast!

Yep I'll be back! This year I have a few more mods!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And I'm looking forward to it. I'll be coming into town Friday afternoon and going right to KB's place to unload the car and get her ready for the DYNO!! ;-) ;-) I want another T-Shirt! :-D :-D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTCobra2001
Looking to do some Suspension mods in the futer and want to get a feel of what peple have done to their Cobra's. I have an 01' haven't done much but will be going with a set of Koni Reds up from and a set of yellows in the rear in a few months to start. Those mods keep me in stock class for A-Xing. I am going to stock pile and do the major stuff at once so I don't have to change classes with just a few mods and get blow away from the start and have to play catch up..

:burn:

I have a griggs front end with Koni coil overs all the way around and Delrin bushings in the rear.
If you get the Koni D/A's, it is nice to be able to adjust from street to track assuming you use your car for both. Coil-overs will give you a better ride while at the same time giving you the ability to run a higher spring rate.
Just some food for thought.

Brian

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Re: Re: Corner Carvers Chime in!!

Originally posted by Cobra-R

I have a griggs front end with Koni coil overs all the way around and Delrin bushings in the rear.
If you get the Koni D/A's, it is nice to be able to adjust from street to track assuming you use your car for both. Coil-overs will give you a better ride while at the same time giving you the ability to run a higher spring rate.
Just some food for thought.

Brian

Now Brian if you could just learn to drive faster! ;-) ;-) ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Corner Carvers Chime in!!

Originally posted by Big Daddy

Now Brian if you could just learn to drive faster! ;-) ;-) ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D

LMAO, guess we will find out soon enough, huh??

Users who are viewing this thread