Corbeau GTS II or '03 Cobra seats (poll)

Corbeau GTS II or '03 Cobra seats?

• Corbeau GTS II

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • '03 Cobras w/ dark charcoal inserts

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Something else? Elaborate

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Deal with the crappy stock seats and save money

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

mario23_15

Established Member
So I'm undecided on which route I want to go with seats. They would be going into an '01 zinc yellow mustang with dark charcoal cloth interior.
These are my two choices:
Corbeau GTS II (these exact seats. black leather with black suede inserts)
pictures belong to "mell0" over on moddedmustangs. Not sure if he's a member here.
Link to his thread for more pics: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-ii-seats.html

GTSII1.jpg

GTSII.jpg

Cobra seats w/ dark charcoal inserts (I know they are expensive and hard to find)

04_Cobra_Seats.jpg

The up side of going with the cobras would be having the matching rear seats and not the stock cloth rear.

Which seats would you go for? And if you've sat in either (or both) give your opinion please. Btw the car is a DD not involved in any road courses, autox, Drag, etc. This is all for DD comfort, looks, and to get rid of the crappy stock cloth seats.

Thanks, Mario

RiskyRick

Established Member
Prices aren't bad on the Corbeau's and they look very comfy. Looks like a pretty good match between them and the factory leather rears, so I would look for some of those too.

Either that or just suck it up and live with the stockers- which honestly are very comfortable compared to a lot of the cars that I have owned IMHO :shrug:

Maybe it's just my opinion too, but anything with a Cobra emblem on a GT just always looked wrong to me...............

mario23_15

Established Member
those Corbeaus look really nice. How much are they? I say go for them. They look comfy, too

They come to around $1300-$1400 with the seat brackets. And they do look pretty darn comfy.

Prices aren't bad on the Corbeau's and they look very comfy. Looks like a pretty good match between them and the factory leather rears, so I would look for some of those too.

Either that or just suck it up and live with the stockers- which honestly are very comfortable compared to a lot of the cars that I have owned IMHO :shrug:

Maybe it's just my opinion too, but anything with a Cobra emblem on a GT just always looked wrong to me...............

Very true about the cobra emblem, that's something that is pushing me away from them.

Those Corbeaus are VERY comfortable. My buddy has them in his 99.

Thanks man. :beer:

i'd go with the cobra's there classic and give that OEM+ look to the interior but ive never sat in corbeau's

Thanks man. They are classic, great looking seats.

Thanks again everyone. I appreciate everyone's thoughts and votes :beer:

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
The Corbeau GTS II is a very nice seat, but the tracks didn't go far enough back for me and the extenders I bought brought the seat up too high. I'd go with factory or Recaro maybe if I were you.

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
I have the Corbeau A4's in black microsuede. Have you looked into those, there reasonably priced and really nice IMO

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I've already done the research on this and I'm going with the GTS II's as well. It's stupid to spend 1000+ dollars on a set of cobra seats when you can buy much nicer brand new seats from corbeau. There shouldn't even be a debate, ask the guys with the cobra's plenty of them will tell you they went to a corbeau and they've never looked back. So I say corbeau's hands down.

Corbeau also sells the extra material to redo the back seats, I've already talked to a local upholstery shop about my backs having the dark suede inserts put in and done with light grey stitching to match.

Last edited:

Stang Lover

Established Member
I love the way my cobra seats hug me but I agree with above if your going to spend 1000 on seats might as well get some corbeau seats.

SVTPete83

Established Member
I went through the same thing and went with lg1's. I will never look back. The seat is comfy as hell. Drove the car 6 hours in a day last month and they were great.

Users who are viewing this thread