Cops kicking my door in!!!

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Okay so a friend and I were debating this scenario and I told him I'd ask for clarification.

Let's say my friend from out of town is worried about me so he calls the cops to check on me and tells them he thinks I'm going to hurt or kill myself. The cops show up but I don't answer the door and tell them to go away. Do they just go away or would they go as far as to kick my door in to get to me and make sure I'm okay?

:read:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
They would have to pry your trailer door open.:poke:

Oh man. I wish I could live in a nice mansion like you.

nedhouse.jpg

I don't think the irony could possibly be any stronger.. ned.

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
Okay so a friend and I were debating this scenario and I told him I'd ask for clarification.

Let's say my friend from out of town is worried about me so he calls the cops to check on me and tells them he thinks I'm going to hurt or kill myself. The cops show up but I don't answer the door and tell them to go away. Do they just go away or would they go as far as to kick my door in to get to me and make sure I'm okay?

You would have a broken door.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
They could not force entry with that information.

There would have to be a lot more information present to force entry into your house. Per the constitution as interpretated by the courts, your house is second on the list of places and effects you can are most secure in second only to your body. There has to be more than just your friend calling.

Most likely they would sit there and try to talk to you through the door for a while and better address the situation. If they couldn't find anything more, such as text messages, phone calls, etc.... try for a while and then leave.

Not much you can do.

Last edited:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member

Just because your friend is "worried" about you wouldn't really cut it. He would really have to provide more information and reasons why he is worried. We would ask questions like..."has he made any specific threats?" or "If he has made threats, what specifically are those threats?" etc...We would make every attempt to get you to open the door and talk to us though.

With just a "worried" out of town friend and you saying through the door. "I'm cool, go away" I wouldn't make the decision to break your door. But if your friend said you sent a text message saying you're going to hang yourself in the basement...Then we're coming in.

nedhouse.jpg

And ****ing Win! :lol:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member

I forgot to ask....Do you need a hug?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

nedhouse.jpg

Those 60-70 era houses are worse than most trailers. Give him a break, LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread