Cops in my city like to stalk me and friend

DCMustang00

Established Member
This past Saturday night, I picked up a friend and we went cruising. Midnight strolls around and I take her home and I cruise on my own and I find a couple of friends. One of my friends who has a 2000 stang like me flaged me down and then about five minutes later another one of our friends show up. Right now, we are in Edmond. In Edmond, you will get pulled over for nothing. Cops love giving tickets and taking youngster like me to jail and calling mommy to complain about us being out. BTW: We are all 18 so we can be out as late as we want. Anyway, while in Edmond, we saw a bunch of cops and none of them wanted to bother us. It's cool, we weren't doing anything bad anyway. One am comes around and we decide to head back to our home city. The four of us were all seniors this past year and graduated together. We decided that we were going to hang out in the high school parking lot and chill for the night. My mother calls to make sure I'm not dead or anything so I took that as a please come home I'm worried about you phone call. I head home through the parking lot doing 40 mph. A cop passes by the parking lot and keeps driving. I figured he was going to just let me go because I wasnt doing anything. About thirty minutes later, one of my friends call me on my cellphone saying that the cops came down to where we parked and asked them who was doing 90 through the parking lot. Then the cop told them to leave so they did and the cop followed them OUT OF THE CITY LIMITS. Is this right? Isn't this stalking or something? I know a cop can't pull you over in another city unless the have hard core prove that you commited a crime that their city. Anyways, I want your feedback because I want to complain to the mayor. Five of my friends have gotten stupid tickets in the past three days. We think it's because we have fast, expensive cars and they just want to give us tickets because we can afford them. I'm just venting right now.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
I'm not saying you do...but maybe you guys have gotten the tickets because "We are all 18, we have fast, expensive cars"...and you drive them like an 18 year old would drive a fast expensive car.......meaning you have a little fun with it from time to time, and sometimes you get caught. If they followed you out, they were making sure that you did what they told you, which isn't harrasment. Maybe they have had some recent vandalism problems in that area that you guys don't know about, or there could be a number of reasons why they wanted you out of the area, that didn't really have anything to do with who you are or what you drive.

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
I would have to agree with hillie16 on this issue. When I was in high school the cops acted the same way towards us. NOt too much you can do, maybe not break any laws. I was once pulled over and the cop said i was doing 48 in a 35, hell no I wasn't. (These guys gave a teacher a ticket for doind 4 mph over the limit so if i was actually doing 13 over i would defintiley get one). So i gave him my license and asked to see the radar. HE obviously didn't have anything and once he saw I was 21, that was 2 years ago, he let me go. Just don't give them any reason to pull you over and they can't.

DCMustang00

Established Member
I would understand if they didn't want us back there. I would understand them following us out of the parking lot but they followed my friend out of Del City. I was already in bed when they called and told me about it so I don't know how far they were followed. I completely understand if a cop doesn't want us to get in trouble or hurt or whatever but they are making it so we can't hang out in Del City. Couple weeks ago, I was chillin with some friends at a car wash. I went ahead and decided that I was going to wash my car and I pulled my car into whatever they call it. Got out of my car and went to get some change. The cop pulls up behind me and said I have to leave. I told the officer that I was going to wash my car and he said get out of here or I'll arrest you and impound your car. Even last night, I was cruising with a friend of mine. We were in two cars just taking up the road basically. He was out looking for girls. I was there to make sure he wouldn't get lost or something. We are at a stop light and he revved his engine as a joke to act like he was going to race. There was a cop behind us and he got on the bull horn and said "If you dumbasses race, I'm going to knock the shit out of you." That is not the first time that I've been cussed at by a cop either. Cops around here think that every kid from high school is a drunk or drugie. I could get started by telling you what the city did four days before public dump day here and ending up giving half the city tickets. My mom had to go to court yesterday because the city of Del City went out the Wendesday before dump day and gave everybody tickets for having stuff laid out to be taken to the dump.

isdnmatt

Established Member
Yo man, you got no problems. Last week I got followed home 4 straight nights. When I get out of my car to ask what the hell he was doing he says "I just wanted to make my presence known." I quickly tell him to leave me alone and go inside. The next day he follows my friends and I through 4 parkings lots.

He then proceeds to threaten me by saying that my front license plate is not set right. I have a 2001 Cobra and I just can't bring myself to put anything on that nice front end. I did however put the plate on my dashboard.

I had a similiar bull horn incident when a cop told me to slow down and "not become a statistic."

I live in a rich suburb with almost NO crime so I guess they decided to pick on my friends and I. I'm 17 by the way.

-Matt

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Originally posted by isdnmatt

I had a similiar bull horn incident when a cop told me to slow down and "not become a statistic."

-Matt

Meaning don't add yourself to the long list of young people killed while driving a car past it's limits....I guess?

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
Well DCMUSTANG00, it sounds like you do have cops that are worse than many in terms of being pricks. My advice is find out the laws that pertain to your area and get to know them. If you know your rights than you can have more power in the situation. Once I had a cop follow me home, well my house was 10 miles outside his jurisdiction in the middle of nowhere. So i proceed to call the police department and file a complaint. I feel you should start to file comlplaints is you feel that your rights have been infringed upon. GOOD LUCK.

Users who are viewing this thread