Cop downs active shooter from 183 yards with a red dot, one shot

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member

From the article: "Dude calmly parked, put down his coffee, grabbed his rifle, sighted in with his red dot, used the cruiser to brace himself, then downed an active shooter at 183 yards!

The Pierce County Force Investigation Team released the video as part of its ongoing investigation into the shooting. Investigators concluded Collins fired off 15 rounds, while Tacoma police officers returned nine rounds, all of them over a 16-minute period.

The last shot came from a TPD officer, identified as Christopher Munn, who fired his weapon 183 yards away."

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I just watched this.

He was like...

b15a33f2-9336-4e4d-9d72-f3632e1af50f_text.gif

Sarcasm aside, Smooth shot.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Boot lickers!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
In all seriousness... without retarded gun laws, Any law abiding citizen should be able to down this ******. especially with a geared out AR under 200 yards.

That's an expert marksman (former) Marine talking.... please hand me crayons and over look my naivety.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I dunno how the **** he PID’ed the scum bag at near 200yrds with a red dot and no magnifier (at a minimun)…. I guess the “description” of the perp was spot on!
Whatever the distance, props to him for showcasing skill under pressure.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
See that tiny spec that the red arrow is pointing at? It is a target (about the size of a torso) at 200 yrds….:

6779D359-4860-464D-9A76-7BBEB8C5ED67.jpeg

You can hit it with a red dot or even irons (if your trained enough) but knowing who the hell it is might be a problem….

Bad guy must have been wearing a neon orange jump suit and been the only MF’er in the street… is all im saying…

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I think it was pointed out in several videos that he was firing on the officer that arrived on scene.

I’m no genius, and far from battle field trained, but I’d think I could spot a guy 200 yards away shooting at me from the road.

Maybe not though.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
That officer being calm about the situation allowed him to make the shot.

From a bench I'd have no problem hitting steel with a red dot. Being shot at and hitting the target on the first and only trigger pull is bad ass.

Users who are viewing this thread